Pubs in Sheffield shutting down

I see another pubs shut down Earl of arundle how many more

I'm afraid the Earl is probably a victim of a combination of the pub company owning it bleeding it dry and concepts that didn't suit the pub - neither the tapas bar nor the nightclub ideas really lasted (based on what I read on the forum anyway).

Hopefully someone will take it on and run it as a traditional pub with good ale, community values and nice, value for money food.

Brincliffe Oaks has shut recently, Newfield Inn demolished, Meadow St hotel is empty how many others??

Brincliffe Oaks has shut recently, Newfield Inn demolished, Meadow St hotel is empty how many others??

Meadow Street Hotel is due to reopen on Friday. :)

its on the enterprise website..£10k to take the lease, not sure what the rent is but u can be sure its fully tied (meaning beer costs twice as much). Maybe someone should offer them nothing and just open it for them lol cos an empty pub makes nothing, at least you would be selling their beer for them!

The old harrow at gleadless has gone that way as well

its on the enterprise website..£10k to take the lease, not sure what the rent is but u can be sure its fully tied (meaning beer costs twice as much). Maybe someone should offer them nothing and just open it for them lol cos an empty pub makes nothing, at least you would be selling their beer for them!

Its a myth to say that beer costs twice as month from pub companies. Have a look at their actual price lists to retailers and you will find its not a great deal more than the cost of buying direct from the Breweries, considering their own storage and distribution costs to their own pubs..its not the HUGE mark up everyone thinks..

I think a bigger issue is sometimes when they make a success of it the rent is upped..

Its a myth to say that beer costs twice as month from pub companies. Have a look at their actual price lists to retailers and you will find its not a great deal more than the cost of buying direct from the Breweries, considering their own storage and distribution costs to their own pubs..its not the HUGE mark up everyone thinks..

increased rent , and barrles at around 50 extra .

The old harrow at gleadless has gone that way as well

What a shame! I heard it won the 'Under Age Pub of The Year' award last year.

Apparantly it was raided and was full of youngsters...landlord lost his licence

I see another pubs shut down Earl of arundle how many more

As the old Arrow shut as well any more