'Bodyguard' on BBC 1 *May contain spoilers*

'Bodyguard' on BBC1 starring Keeley Hawes and Richard Madden, looks like being an excellent new Political Thriller.

Really enjoyed the first episode, well written and well acted.

Anybody else see it? What did you think?

We did. Big fans of Line of Duty by the same writer, we enjoyed episode 1, hopefully the rest of the series is as good!

It was good, particularly the opening part with the suicide bomber.

Curious to see how the bodyguards PTSD will affect his job, and I’m not sure if he is the best person to be protecting a government minister after his time in Helmand Province, but time will tell.

I like Keeley Hawes, she is a good actress. Can’t say I have seen Madden before but he played his part well.

I read something about Hawes saying she would only be in The Bodyguard if she was paid the same as Richard Madden. Good for her.

I read something about Hawes saying she would only be in The Bodyguard if she was paid the same as Richard Madden. Good for her.

Why shouldn't she?

She has played the lead in a ton of high profile stuff over the past few years.

Given that she's a far bigger star than Richard Madden I'd have thought that was already a given. I'm watching this because it has her in it, not because of the somewhat wooden ex-GoT actor. Her agent knows this as well.

Actually I think he's supposed to be wooden; all repressed memories and emotion just below the surface, ready to explode if he fails to keep a lid on it. That's what makes it so good for me.

Actually I think he's supposed to be wooden; all repressed memories and emotion just below the surface, ready to explode if he fails to keep a lid on it. That's what makes it so good for me.

That’s what I am thinking to, but he kept his nerve with the suicide bomber.

It seemed odd that he'd leave the side of the home secretary after the gun attack to go chasing the shooter.

And would a former solider quickly and easily transition to such a high ranking police job? And without vetting?

It seemed odd that he'd leave the side of the home secretary after the gun attack to go chasing the shooter.

And would a former solider quickly and easily transition to such a high ranking police job? And without vetting?

I'll tell you a secret......its not real :hihi:

also quite a few on here wont be watching it...as its a BBC One series

There was one believable bit on it though - the van was heading towards the school, the teacher got the kids inside - but didn't let go of her coffee cup once! It would take more than a terrorist attack to separate a teacher from their break coffee!

There was one believable bit on it though - the van was heading towards the school, the teacher got the kids inside - but didn't let go of her coffee cup once! It would take more than a terrorist attack to separate a teacher from their break coffee!

and builders, road diggeruppers

There was one believable bit on it though

As opposed to when the sniper, on a roof 100 feet above street level managed to shoot through the side window of the car driving away from him in the next street. :D