Business help/advice

Hi, please see my link which is signatured with my name on this post.. I have published this on maps and Google search too, I've applied for registration and also have organised and filled all the relevant sheets needed.. such as invoices,workload sheets,finance papers for suppliers to use and customers to sell to, income and outcome etc.. even with Google analytics setup.. I am struggling for funds for a workshop/garage and a few tools.. I've applied with HMRC for a startup loan, it says within 3 days I will have an advisor ringing me, but I'm asking for help or advice on funding and promoting my business, i also require a partner to have shares of the business.. which my goal is to reach a £20000 turnover by next year, I also have motor traders insurance with £5000 public liability insurance on standby..

Hi seanjohn you seem very enthuastic about the business which is great, but can you tell me what your business will do ? is it a body shop and spray booth?

what type of customers are you looking for?

answering these questions will help people give you ideas how to attract customers.

Hey Dggsheff...

Thanks for the compliment of enthusiasm, my following business described is based from home.. (at the moment) unless I have luck with funding..

On top of this my car lost a cylinder yesterday on the way to work so I need another run about.. cheap,of mine and quickly lol...

My business services which are available is:

• General mechanical repairs.

•LED & Audio installations.

•Body Scratch/Dent repairs.. (small jobs only for now)

•Alloy wheel refurbishments and resprays (small jobs only for now)

Interior/exterior light fittings and dashboard resorays/vinyl wrapping.

That's about it for now mate.. once I start investing I will be buying/selling cars, as well as selling or re-using car parts for mechanical jobs etc..

If I had funds.. I'd look straight into..

Workshop rental, tools needed etc, staff hiring, stock replenishments and investment into 1 or 2 cars to re-sell/strip for parts etc..

Also I have a brand made already, and I'm ready to purchase uniform,business cards,banners etc for the business..

I'd also buy a diagnostics machine and lifts for garage..

I'm on my 3rd week and have had 8 calls with a turnover of £645.00 Inc VAT..

I was only expecting a £5,000 turnover in year 1..

What's your interest may I ask.. or any advice given on startup would be appreciated.

Also I need a business PC and a partnership to team up with me as I have great management skills but I'm stuck with big jobs.. too much for 1 and limited tools etc..

And now a damaged car of my own :-(

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:13 ----------

Sorry... I forgot to answer your customers question.. I'm looking for customers who don't have much money but are in need of help/advice or cheap repairs...

It's top quality jobs for the prices given..

But for example I can refurb any wheel or even a set in 1 day, but only have Matt black spray paints in stock..

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 18:05 ----------

Oh my days.. been to see someone today... As I love classic cars, I'm getting a Volkswagen Scirocco.... Nope, not the new 1... It's the 1984 2nd gen 1.6l GT.. with £600 per alloy as original racing 17inch... It's mileage is around 60k.. only my mates grandad owned it since day 1....

Also bonus is my insurance quote .... I'm dreaming as its £400 for yr or 44 quid a month...

Immaculate condition just some age related scratches on body work...

I'm paying£500 but my insurance is valued it at 4grand hehehehhe only £100 excess...

I'm a big fan of classic cars but this is a dream come true.. just gotta sell or scrap my meriva to pay deposit for buying Friday...

I'm really really happy chappy!

Hey Dggsheff...

Thanks for the compliment of enthusiasm, my following business described is based from home.. (at the moment) unless I have luck with funding..

On top of this my car lost a cylinder yesterday on the way to work so I need another run about.. cheap,of mine and quickly lol...

My business services which are available is:

• General mechanical repairs.

•LED & Audio installations.

•Body Scratch/Dent repairs.. (small jobs only for now)

•Alloy wheel refurbishments and resprays (small jobs only for now)

Interior/exterior light fittings and dashboard resorays/vinyl wrapping.

That's about it for now mate.. once I start investing I will be buying/selling cars, as well as selling or re-using car parts for mechanical jobs etc..

If I had funds.. I'd look straight into..

Workshop rental, tools needed etc, staff hiring, stock replenishments and investment into 1 or 2 cars to re-sell/strip for parts etc..

Also I have a brand made already, and I'm ready to purchase uniform,business cards,banners etc for the business..

I'd also buy a diagnostics machine and lifts for garage..

I'm on my 3rd week and have had 8 calls with a turnover of £645.00 Inc VAT..

I was only expecting a £5,000 turnover in year 1..

What's your interest may I ask.. or any advice given on startup would be appreciated.

Also I need a business PC and a partnership to team up with me as I have great management skills but I'm stuck with big jobs.. too much for 1 and limited tools etc..

And now a damaged car of my own :-(

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 10:13 ----------

Sorry... I forgot to answer your customers question.. I'm looking for customers who don't have much money but are in need of help/advice or cheap repairs...

It's top quality jobs for the prices given..

But for example I can refurb any wheel or even a set in 1 day, but only have Matt black spray paints in stock..

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 18:05 ----------

Oh my days.. been to see someone today... As I love classic cars, I'm getting a Volkswagen Scirocco.... Nope, not the new 1... It's the 1984 2nd gen 1.6l GT.. with £600 per alloy as original racing 17inch... It's mileage is around 60k.. only my mates grandad owned it since day 1....

Also bonus is my insurance quote .... I'm dreaming as its £400 for yr or 44 quid a month...

Immaculate condition just some age related scratches on body work...

I'm paying£500 but my insurance is valued it at 4grand hehehehhe only £100 excess...

I'm a big fan of classic cars but this is a dream come true.. just gotta sell or scrap my meriva to pay deposit for buying Friday...

I'm really really happy chappy!

ok you nearly got one on the line hooked:hihi:

Hi again,

if you are small one man band perhaps focus on one market till you grow, have you done any market research into which is a niche market, I know nothing about the car market but is there a demand for alloy wheel refurb in Sheffield .

once you have a customer you can upsell some of your services

Yup Start small, expand as you grow, offer a few popular services to start, then as you grow you can offer more services...3

and £20k in a year is quite a challenge, most businesses don't turn a profit for the first year....

I'd also be wary about taking on anyone as a business partner unless you've known them for several years at least and have found them to be trustworthy, reliable, good with money, honest and so on and so forth.