Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

...In my experience there are a few. The Blue Ball in Hillsborough and the White Horse in Wadsley Bridge?

You've obviously led a sheltered life if you think those pubs are rough! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not originally from here

Many years ago The Manor Castle was named as the roughest in Britain but I don't know what it's like now. I certainly wouldn't have called it rough then, either.

The Woodthorpe Arms at Intake was pretty bad. Demolished now though.

The Spring, I think it's called, Carrbrook area.

The Travellers Rest used to have quite a reputation. Mark and I used to go there of a Friday evening, and when we finally convinced our friends that they could go and survive, we drove past and witnessed a massive fight involving a glassing, 2 people unconscious, and four other people bashing each others heads in. Strangely, my friends decided we were insane and they refused to visit. But it has changed hands since, and I've not witnessed any trouble recently.

Manor Castle... rough?? LMAO! It's full of old people anyway so doubt they'd ever start trouble!!

Chloé

The Highway in Pitsmoor..........Plenty of Dick Turpins in there. :lol:

The Magnet was the roughest pub in all of Sheffield which was on Southy Green sadly Demolished now because i was going to buy you all a pint in there for the forum outting @ xmas :lol:

Originally posted by "Chloe"

Manor Castle... rough?? LMAO! It's full of old people anyway so doubt they'd ever start trouble!!

Chloé

I thiink they're probably the survivors from the '70s.

Originally posted by "Miss_60"

...In my experience there are a few. The Blue Ball in Hillsborough and the White Horse in Wadsley Bridge?

Is the White Horse still open? I have seen far worse than both the pubs you mentioned but luckily most of these have now been closed down or knocked down.

Yeh the White Horse is still open......on sunny days when you go past you see the tattoo and scar brigade who frequent that drinking hole looking menacingly at the passers by....nuff said.

My friend and his g'friend were drinking there once and a bloke in the pub started ******* on the floor!!!