Sign in to follow this  

Kingdom Hospital/Dark Place

Has anyone else seen similarities between these two.

Dark Place has the main character always looking at the gloomy side and giving bad news, riding round the hospital on am electric buggy. The credits show this strange building sticking up oddly.

Which came first the spoof or the spoof??????????

I've been watching Kingdom Hospital but I haven't heard of Dark Place. When's that on?

dilwise - you're not the only one who's noticed the striking similarity between the two. When I'm watching Kingdom Hospital I keep expecting Rick Dagless to show up and save the day. 'Skipper the eye child', classic.

Lou - Garth Marenghi's Dark Place isn't on at the moment, it was shown about 3 or 4 months ago on Channel 4. You might be able to find it floating around on the digital/cable channels somewhere, its worth trying to find!

Thanks barra. I thought it must be my twisted way of looking at things but hey now there's two of us. That should be comforting but...........

Watched the first episode of Kingdom Hospital and didn't think too much to it. Although, I did think it was a bit of a Dark Place rip off, but without the humour!!!

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the geezer that fell off the roof in the first episode was the punk from the Police Academy films????

Kingdom Hospital (2004) is a 'Stephen King' adaptation of the dutch series 'Riget' (1997). Dark Place (2004) was originally made in 1980s but was only showed in peru...

I doubt its a rip off! A coincidence maybe...

Thanks for the info on Dark Place. I'll try and watch it if I spot it on one of the sky channels. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Lickable

Dark Place (2004) was originally made in 1980s but was only showed in peru...

Don't believe everything you read...

How can i believe YOU Agent Dan.... ?

My sources are completely classified... :D