Sign in to follow this  

Troy

Went to see Troy today - what a fab film ! Glad I went before the film officially opens on Friday [Advanced screenings at the UGC 15, 16 and 20 May] as I expect there will be loads of women going there wanting to see Brad in his Birthday Suit :P

Won't spoil the plot too much but the film involves a big wooden horse and a bloke getting shot in the foot ;)

I heard the SFX are meant to be quite bad for such a high budget movie? What did you think of them...

...I'm not sure if I will be rushing to see this either way, but still interested in hearing your thoughts.

The scenes of huge nunbers of Greeks seemed believable, and I couldnt really tell where the computer animation was except for one scene that was sone poorly. Overall though it was good and didnt detract from the action/story. Better than lord of the rings scenes IMHO :P

i was dissapointed - special effects were nothing 'special' and the film was mildy engaging but nothing more

was v.sceptical about brad pitt playing this kind of role but i actually thought he was really quite good

couldn't get my head around the fact that Helen previously of Spartan abode was welcomed by the Troy masses even though its citizens knew it would result in massive war and the deaths of 1,000s!!!

erm the big horse idea was a bit daft too :roll: think it was probably better left to tell the story in text!

thought Helen was quite fit like but not worthy of the launch of a 1,000 ships :D

absolute tripe!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw it on tuesday at UGC,

its a good film, wow Brad was looking mighty fine though!! :cool:

i didn't realsie it was that long though nearly 3hrs including trailers!!

Yes, A number of friends who have seen this film have given me their opinion of the film which was poor.

Hmm, me Dad wants to see this Troy thingy... But all across the papers and the net all I'm reading is that it sucks hard...

Oh well, might see what that new disaster film's like after next week, Day after Tomorrow or summat...