Sign in to follow this  

Nights out this weekend

Originally posted by Gouch

LONG LIVE CHARLES STEET !

here, here. and don't even think about turning it into stripclub!!!

Originally posted by hiyabeing

Cheers Tina - I just saw article on this in Metro today (no time for Forum yesterday:( ). Chesked out City Hall website - sounds entertaining, maybe a bit bizarre - but interesting!!!

It may be that we end up there.

sorry we never met up! i could hardly get a signal on my mobile in there. i kept a beeky eye out for you. (if you look like the mental image i have of you - u arrived at the first meet up with zamo - right?) it ended up being quite busy after a slow start to fill up. what did you think of it?

i think £10 doortax is a bit steep (in any club) but i understand the wages dj's command these days so that is the root cause of that one. as a monthly event that is quite unique i guess they can get away with it. when i used to go to 'the drop' (indie/rock night in the ballroom) it was £3.50 but that was nearly a decade ago! and it was local djs.

last night my mates were so off their heads they were doing circuits round the venue, so i felt a little unsettled all night tooing and frowing amongst 3 rooms, the (still too bright) corridors, not to mention the hike to the loos.

some great music though (i didn't know where to stay!) and i will definately go to the next one. maybe i should plan it next time, like going in the main room at peak time then the dub/dancehall/reggae room at the end for a chill out!

the 3rd room was a bit odd, r'n'b sections then random stuff. on the whole a nice mix of people and a good vibe throughout - only saw one geezer get agro and he was chucked out.