Lennon or Elvis?

If the thread is 'one or t'other', you can define it however you like. I prefer Lennon's music and songwriting, adn for his hippyish views. He also went less nuts than Elvis (though the Yoko Ono years were a bit egocentric). On the other hand, you have to prefer Elvis for dress sense and dance moves...

John Lennon, mainly because his musics much better. :)

Chris.

thats debateable 2 be honest, elvis on stage singing suspcious minds takes some beating.

the king is dead long live the king

Originally posted by brooksy

elvis on stage singing suspcious minds takes some beating.

A fat man drugged up and wobbling around on stage to a song he didn't write. It can't be that hard to beat.

Chris.

Only one winner much as I like both of them.

Elvis is the King.

if you were 2 ask joe public 2 name any john lennon records besides imagine i d bet they would realy stuggle, ask about elvis enough said.

That's probably because Lennon wrote and recorded his own material. Elvis was a bit of a covers man.

Also, ask anyone to name some Beatles songs and the reverse will be true. Lennon wrote a few good tunes before the split and that's still influence. In fact,it's fair to say that without Lennon, The Beatles would have been just another pop group (and the same goes for the Beatles without McCartney but that's for another thread).

Compare the 2 before they died. Which do you respect the most ? A man who wrote amazing songs as part of the biggest band in the world, discovered fatherhood and dedicated a significant time off to look after his family and promoted world peace ? or a Fat guy, overweight, crap diet, couldn't write his own songs doing the cabaret circuit in a studded onepiece ? If Elvis was still alive, I reckon he'd had overtaken Michael Jackson by now on the freak meter !

It's got to be Elvis, he's an icon of cool.

thankyou not just me what thought that then