Jamal Khashoggi - Canada v Saudi Arabia - UK & US invisible.

Yes, I am glad to hear that the west is showing a united front against this SA regime. I realise I am a little premature with my post, but I got sick of hearing about the Saudis breaking all ties with Canada over a tweet and yet no one stood with Canada on this matter until the Khashoggi incident.

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 19:45 ----------

If the Turkish accounts are true the poor guy wouldn't have had any fists to fight with. One report said he was dismembered while still alive.

How does Turkey know? Is this a tacit admittance that Turkey has bugged the Saudi Embassy?

How does Turkey know? Is this a tacit admittance that Turkey has bugged the Saudi Embassy?

All I have read is that the Turkish Police have swept the Saudi embassy and their consuls' residence, they are going to reveal what they have later today. Most rumours, so far. are just hearsay from officers who were involved in the search.

---------- Post added 20-10-2018 at 13:06 ----------

Don't you think you're part of the problem ?

You bitch when summat is done, and you bitch when nowt is done.

You're originally from Sheffield, aren't you ?

Because we have exactly the same problem with t'council. Or rather, t'council have the same problem with us :)

Well, I know Sheffield Council have their problems, but not heard of any mysterious disappearances of local residents at the Town Hall.:D

Saudi tv are saying Khashoggi died in a fist fight= https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45923217

Hard to form a fist when your fingers have been cut off.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 20-10-2018 at 18:42 ----------

Seeing as we buy their petrol and diesel, and they buy our Arms, it's doubtful that we would make any meaningful threat to the Saudi's.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Does that make it right?

Saudi Arabia also supply most of the West with oil. Does that mean they should be able to get away with murder?

I agree it doesn't make it right. If it had been a poor African country that had committed the murder in an embassy, then the United Nations would be calling for sanctions and other action.

I'm gobsmacked that nobody seems to be asking one simple question to the Saudis now; where is his body?

If he only died in a fistfight, then surely he'd have been collected by paramedics, or some kind of hospital?

A pundit on Channel Four News last week was drawing comparisons with the Russian attacks on the Skripals in Salisbury earlier this year.

She was saying that far from being incompetence by the Saudi authorities, like Salisbury, it was a very public message to others who may oppose the House of Saud. If they just wanted to shut him up they would have simply arrested him and flown him back to Riyadh and jailed him under one of their medieval laws.

She also said that part of the Saudi thinking was that Trump would make some noises but wouldn't make too much of a fuss about it, which has turned out to be spot on.

[html]

Just wondering whether or not May and Trump will join Canada in standing up to Saudi Arabia in light of the probable torture and assassination of the Washington Post journalist, Jamal Khashoggi. Aside from Amnesty International and other human rights organisations, Canada has stood pretty much alone against this autocratic, reactionary Prince. Surely the other western countries must take action now after the Prince's main critic looks to have been permanently silenced'

Just curious as to the mood of the UK public in this matter. I must admit when this thing with Canada happened, I was thinking why don't Canada mind their own business, but as things turned out I am now glad they said something. This Saudi Prince needs to be taught a lesson, in my opinion.

[/html]

"What the media aren’t telling you about Jamal Khashoggi" as the Spectator USA puts it .

1. Kashoggi was effectively an Islamist activist and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood who supported theocratic rule as enthusiastically as he opposed democracy and theocratic rule.

2. He befriended Osama bin Laden in the 80's and 90's.

3. He had "dirt" on Saudi Atabia's alleged involvement in the 9/11 terrorist attack.

2. He befriended Osama bin Laden in the 80's and 90's.

so did many Western leaders at the time, since Osama was fighting the Russkies on our behalf.

The Saudi's know they are bang to rights just like Russia are over the Salisbury attack. Most likely the Saudi's will execute those they say are responsible for the murder. Dead people can't reveal the truth.

No-one cares. They are just using it for leverage. Even Merkel will resume defence exports in time.

Jobs and eye wateringly large bribes ex gratia payments depend on it.

So much so that the Serious Fraud Office's dropped its 3 year long investigation into BAEs £20 "slush fund", amongst other anomalies at the political behest of the UK and Saudi leaders.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/dec/16/armstrade.saudiarabia2

So no-one wringing their hands over this Muslim Brotherhood journalist really, actually cares one bit.

They will all hold their noses, and carry on doing business with Saudi Arabia, business as usual.

Bottom line, nothing will happen. There will no sanctions or repercussions. Too many BAE Systems and related jobs are dependent on them.

Iran is laughing. They are always delighted when the Sauds and Turks have umbrage. They don't particularly give a toss about the west.