Big Brother

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

I hope this program and all its ilk and all the creative directors who peddle this vacuous pseudo voyeurism end up as the greasy puddle on the lake of boiling lava that they deserve to.

And that goes for all you thoughtless suckers who buy into this ridiculous excuse for something to witter on endlessly about to your long suffering work colleagues.

If it was up to me Big Brother would be modified slightly. 12 contestants, all locked in a house together with only water.

The winner is the sole contestant at the end

- could be mass murder

- could be long drawn out cannibalism

- could be more entertaining than this televisual OFFAL polluting the airwaves with its unique brand of idiot ensnaring banality.

Beautifully put Phan. Couldn't have said it better myself. There is only one aspect of this televisual tripe you missed out: the 15 minutes of fame factor. After the series ends, the winner (and most of the losers, it seems) are EVERYWHERE for a few months.

Even if you did manage to avoid the actual programme, there's still no escape. The over-confident, vacuous contestants are forever popping up on other shows, ads, red nose day, switching on the Blackpool/Oxford Street lights etc etc.

And the really scary thing is; like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Pop Idol etc, the viewers actually pay for this rubbish with their SMS messages, phone call votes etc. Ever been had?

The winner is the sole contestant at the end

too right!!!!!!! sounds a bit like battle royale tho.............lol

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

If it was up to me Big Brother would be modified slightly. 12 contestants, all locked in a house together with only water.

I seem to recall you posting something similar in the past but I can't find the post.

In that version I think you suggested the contestants should all be junkies and the amount of 'junk' they got between them was reduced each day.

Nomme

I dont think anybody will ever put it better than this:

Originally posted by Mosherchik

Make it all stop for the love of God!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Sigh...every year I tell myself I'm not going to watch this tripe. Every year I become hooked 3 weeks or so in. Oh well, here comes the inevitable....

Originally posted by nomme

I seem to recall you posting something similar in the past but I can't find the post.

In that version I think you suggested the contestants should all be junkies and the amount of 'junk' they got between them was reduced each day.

Nomme

Ah you mean "Smack Gladiators".

If you hate the show, or want to bash it, go here

So, what do you think of the housemates? I love the way they picked 10 of the most obnoxious, arrogant, horrible people, a transsexual and a lovely, sweet girl (poor llove!)

Kitten is an attention seeker, breaking the rules just because they are there. I can't see her lasting long, particularly as she shot herself in the foot with the game tonight.

Susie, going to be up all night watching!

Originally posted by SusieP

If you hate the show, or want to bash it, go [url http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=11673]here[/url].

So, what do you think of the housemates? I love the way they picked 10 of the most obnoxious, arrogant, horrible people, a transsexual and a lovely, sweet girl (poor llove!)

Kitten is an attention seeker, breaking the rules just because they are there. I can't see her lasting long, particularly as she shot herself in the foot with the game tonight.

Susie, going to be up all night watching!

Ummm.... your tags need fixin!!!

Done it. Try to use the "Report this post" or PM the user rather than posting in the thread. It might not get picked up otherwise. Cheers for noticing though DB. :thumbsup:

Why are so many people hijacking this thread and setting it out in their own little way?