UFO sighted over sheffield

At about 2115 today Sunday 16 September 2018 a bright red stationery light was seen to the North East of Sheffield below the cloud base. Object then moved East then North East at what appeared to be supersonic speed but noislessly. Most intriguing

At about 2115 today Sunday 16 September 2018 a bright red stationery light was seen to the North East of Sheffield below the cloud base. Object then moved East then North East at what appeared to be supersonic speed but noislessly. Most intriguing

Probably a tea light lantern. They usually are.

(by the way it is very difficult to travel super sonically without causing a sonic boom!)

In years gone by we used to have shakey video footage or fuzzy photos of alleged UFO's or ghostly happenings. How in this digital age when nearly every man and his dog has a mobile phone capable of taking HD photos and videos have we not had any more evidence of these happenings ?

Fake News ?!?!?

In years gone by we used to have shakey video footage or fuzzy photos of alleged UFO's or ghostly happenings. How in this digital age when nearly every man and his dog has a mobile phone capable of taking HD photos and videos have we not had any more evidence of these happenings ?

Fake News ?!?!?

The UFOs have digital scramblers , that's why

Ive got my tinfoil hat at the ready .

if you shine a red laser light in the sky oops gen the game away:hihi::hihi::hihi:

How in this digital age when nearly every man and his dog has a mobile phone capable of taking HD photos and videos have we not had any more evidence of these happenings ?

Are you joking?

The internet is full of such photos! :o

I remember seeing 8 bright red light's moving slowly round the hill at the side of penrith road in 1991 . They were all following in a line then the back two shot forward and led. A taxi at the side of our car stopped to look as well. Then they all shot off at top speed. When I mentioned it at work. A lady who lives on penrith road said all her house had lit up red so she went out to look and saw the lights . They were definitely not laser's . Weird.

Drone?

Military drone?

Or does that just make me a different sort of conspiracy nutjob?

Guest makapaka

Looking out over stannington towards the North from the Walkley area you can see two tiers of red lights.

Does anyone know what these are - i'm not suggesting its a UFO it looks more like safety lights on some kind of high rise structure - I don't know what though?

i though that was emley moor (spelling?) aerial - it's enormous!

but the other day i noticed a '2nd' aerial, which i hadn't noticed before.

i don't think they're next to each other, they just line up. i still think one of them is emley moor. but this 'new' one is a puzzler...

hang on, after googling.

they *are* next to each other. one's a temporary aerial while the old one gets a re-fit...

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/emley-moor-mast-now-twin-14538916

Edited by ads36

Guest makapaka
i though that was emley moor (spelling?) aerial - it's enormous!

but the other day i noticed a '2nd' aerial, which i hadn't noticed before.

i don't think they're next to each other, they just line up. i still think one of them is emley moor. but this 'new' one is a puzzler...

hang on, after googling.

they *are* next to each other. one's a temporary aerial while the old one gets a re-fit...

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/emley-moor-mast-now-twin-14538916

Thank you very much - mystery solved!!!