Yet another shooting in Sheffield 16th September

Yet another shooting in the Burngreave are a of Sheffield days after a shooting in other area.

What is happening IN Sheffield at the moment?

Gangs?

Police out of control?

Different up bringing?

Really needs to stop this culture as it is not a City for bringing up kids at the moment

You can only assume that they are targeted shootings and not some random shooters going around as they tend to do in the USA.

It's frightening really, not a nice city to live in and travel around with the fear of knowing these people are around.

Is it really that frightening? Firstly its contained to certain areas Burngreave being the main one. Second its a targeted shooting. We are no more likely to get shot at getting a bottle of milk from the corner shop now as we were 5 years ago. These are gangs of mainly lads fighting with each other.

Yes the police need to do more but I think the law abiding public is safe its just the gangs that are not.

Really needs to stop this culture as it is not a City for bringing up kids at the moment

I suspect that if you walked with your children around all areas of Sheffield, 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 100 years you probably wouldn't ever even see a gun, never mind hear one fired.

I'm not saying that it's not a problem but what I am saying is that there are many more pressing issues for the people of Sheffield.

Shooting across a number of areas.

Stabbing across a number of areas not confined to one area.

Maybe gang related but still not good to promote the city and to bring kids up in!

Maybe gang related but still not good to promote the city and to bring kids up in!

Ok I may have got the number of areas wrong but if your kids dont get involved in gangs and are brought up properly they will be fine. Its just criminals targeting criminals so I wouldnt worry.

Guest busdriver1
Ok I may have got the number of areas wrong but if your kids dont get involved in gangs and are brought up properly they will be fine. Its just criminals targeting criminals so I wouldnt worry.

Not always, I had a gun pushed in my face in a racially motivated incident and I am not a gang member nor have I ever been.

I suspect that if you walked with your children around all areas of Sheffield, 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 100 years you probably wouldn't ever even see a gun, never mind hear one fired.

I'm not saying that it's not a problem but what I am saying is that there are many more pressing issues for the people of Sheffield.

When things get little tense you see them on fargate.

" bring kids up" ?? A lot of the shooters are kids, sad as that sounds.

---------- Post added 16-09-2018 at 11:48 ----------

When things get little tense you see them on fargate.

Yeah, it's a wonder the pubs don't have those swinging doors like western saloons in the movies.;)

let em get on with it only killing the drug dealing scum that they all are

its really bad and our area at lowedges is on red alert, i have on good authority ,so i take it our area and several others are like this due to drug gangs ,fighting for there areas,hope the general public dont get injured and the police sort it as much as they can sooner rather than later,although they are 20,000 less than 2010 due to cuts.

Not always, I had a gun pushed in my face in a racially motivated incident and I am not a gang member nor have I ever been.

ive been mugged twice (in sheffield) and been robbed at gun point in a small fishing village, all drugs related, im not a gang member either

your point?