What's your favourite pizza topping

Following on from top4718's recent post about home-made pizzas, I was wondering what various "toppings" all you fellow-foodies prefer to have on your pizzas?

Personally, I go from one extreme to the other. I like the very plain and simple style, with just a thin spread of home-made tomato/onions/garlic -based sauce, a few blobs of buffalo mozzarella, with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and maybe a pinch or 2 of finely chopped fresh herbs -e.g - oregano,rosemary, basil, thyme, etc, sprinkled over the top.

At the other extreme, I go a bit mad. I add chopped chillis and/or cayenne pepper/paprika and a few finely chopped capers to the tomato sauce to give it a bit of extra bite and piquancy, then top it with a mixture of mozzarella & grated strong cheddar, sliced mushrooms, a few chopped-up black olives, thinly-sliced pepperoni, thinly sliced green peppers, 3 or 4 anchovy fillets- and again - a few pinches of finely chopped fresh herbs sprinkled over it.

I always have a thin and crispy base - I can't be doing with "deep pan" pizzas - and I never, ever do I use fruit! Pineapple? On a pizza?? Ugh..!!

When I used to make my own I did a deep base with added herbs and garlic then loaded it with tomato puree, onions, peppers, mushroom, sweetcorn, tuna and extra cheese. I always soften the onion, peppers and mushrooms before putting on the pizza.

Can't stand pizza but my other half loves a good meat feast

I didn't think pineapple was a good idea on pizza but tried it when I was delivered the wrong pizza.

Gotta say I'm a convert and Hawaiian's now my favourite

The meat feast pizza is one I usually go for don't like ham and pineapple

I love pineapple on a pizza :)

I buy my pizzas from Asda, I’ve never had a home made one, but I’m sure they must taste lovely, you can either have tomato puree or garlic butter on the base, then pick your own toppings. I tend to add more bits when I’d get home, such as chilli, peppers and a little bit of red onion.

I generally make my own and my favourite toppings are anchovies, tuna, olives and capers. Occasionally I'll get some tinned mussels in oil and I pour the oil on the pizza as well.

My partner and I run a pizza oven (Sunshine Pizza Oven) hope it's ok to mention that, and we've made a fair few in our time. Favourites include : Margherita with ricotta, pesto and cherry tomatoes - a very summery pizza; nduja (a spicy calabrian salami) with olives and roast garlic ; fennel salami with smoked mozzarella and mushrooms.