A voter adrift - where do I place that X on the ballot paper?

Green? safeguard the planet for the kids?

Well it is a bit of a dilemma and that's a fact. At one time I gave The Liberals a go, but they seemed to take money out of my pocket with no benefit. The last time Labour had a go they took us into an illegal war and sold off our gold reserves. As for the above with The Greens, they opposed a new Morrisons Supermarket at Heeley which would have been brilliant for all us locals without a car, but it didn't affect any of The Greens around here because every one of them that we know runs a car.

So the top and bottom of it is that even though I despise the Conservative Party it will be them I vote for because all the others are even worse.

Edited by spilldig

I do have other ideas on what could be done on a lot of issues one of my main thoughts is Universal Income Netherlands has this system it helps in lowering proverty Labour had toyed with idea but nothing been said recently so no idea if it still one of their policies. Then we have crime notably the rise of knifes on the streets this one is the hard one too address by banning knifes which is not realistic .

The fear is that it would cause a significant decrease in the motivation to work.

Who would qualify for this 'universal' basic income, all citizens, anyone living in the UK, anyone that has lived here for more than 2 years, 16-year-olds, people over 65?

The fear is that it would cause a significant decrease in the motivation to work.

Who would qualify for this 'universal' basic income, all citizens, anyone living in the UK, anyone that has lived here for more than 2 years, 16-year-olds, people over 65?

Finland trialled universal income for two years. Quite frankly, if a Scandinavian country can’t get it to work no one will. It’s a non starter and will never happen.

Not sure why you think it would need a money tree given that all the policies are costed. Neither can they be considered extreme as each and every one of them has been implemented in one European country or another.

They’re costed by massive borrowing. That is obviously unwise - and yes I know a country isn’t like a household budget.

I think the idea was too reduce proverty levels a sort of back up payment but the payment itself is not that high so you would still need a job. I would think the scheme only applies too working age then when a person retires they go onto pension. It has been a while since I read the article so can't remember every detail but the scheme would be for UK residents in relation to immigrants they would have too be here for a certain time before they would get it.

---------- Post added 20-09-2018 at 20:32 ----------

Finland trialled universal income for two years. Quite frankly, if a Scandinavian country can’t get it to work no one will. It’s a non starter and will never happen.

The same can be said about ' Universal Cerdit' but unlike Finland they still pursue it no matter how many it hurts.

They’re costed by massive borrowing. That is obviously unwise - and yes I know a country isn’t like a household budget.

Yet since 2010 this country has borrowed more than the total of all the years under any Labour administration.

It has been a while since I read the article so can't remember every detail but the scheme would be for UK residents in relation to immigrants they would have to be here for a certain time before they would get it.

You have posted on here asking for advice about where to put your x, you are basing your views on an article that you read some time ago. I don't think that is wise, without backing up the theory with facts.

You have posted on here asking for advice about where to put your x, you are basing your views on an article that you read some time ago. I don't think that is wise, without backing up the theory with facts.

I don't base my political views on articles only what I see around me but they do inform me on subjects in more detail.

An party that has similar views to myself is the Scottish National Party many of their ideas I do agree with but unfortunately we can't vote for them. Given what is happening at this moment in time I think we're going to see a political crisis not seen before.

Yet since 2010 this country has borrowed more than the total of all the years under any Labour administration.

You understand the difference between deficit and debt right? From that comment, and your signature, it really seems like you don’t, which is worrying.

Yes, indeed it has. And at the same time we have been subjected to horendous cuts in services, to the point where councils have been squeezed to near bankruptcy.

Was it worth it...?

Yes, indeed it has. And at the same time we have been subjected to horrendous cuts in services, to the point where councils have been squeezed to near bankruptcy.

Was it worth it...?

You understand what would have happened to our borrowing without those cuts?