Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

Except all your personal details being leaked in a massive hack

The details that they got anyone could have got of the internet no compromising information was hacked.Since then companies like Facebook and some banks have been hacked, I'd me more worried if I used these than talk talk.

The details that they got anyone could have got of the internet no compromising information was hacked.Since then companies like Facebook and some banks have been hacked, I'd me more worried if I used these than talk talk.

I agree - in a which report, the best secure bank (not named) only scored 85% - just not good enough - and I'm not f'd either! :hihi:

Had to renegotiate with TT who were starting to charge £34 pm with YouView Box and Unlimited Fibre (I had only just taken out VLR when they obsoleted it 2 weeks later together with Medium Fibre). Here is an extract of a chat I had with them starting from when they were offering me a rate lower than most competitors who advertise £24.99:

"Me:*What length is £24.50 for then?

TT Chat:

The £24.50 is for 24 months, however the boosts will run out of discounts in five months.

Me:*What are the current two boosts then as you only mentioned UK calls.

TT Chat:

The other is the fibre speed boost, which allows your speed to be an average of 63mbps.

Me:*That is unrealistic as I don't live on a road with fibre to the house. That is why I had the obsolete medium fibre package.

TT chat:

Would you like to cancel off the fibre speed boost?

Me:*What will the speed be without? At the moment all I get is 2 mbps.

TT Chat:

J, you are not getting 2mbps. My system shows that with boost you are receiving*79.7 mbps on your lowest download.

TT Chat:

Without the boost, you get an average of 35mbps.

Me:*When I download GNU/Linux isos it only shows 2 mbps if I'm lucky due to copper connection to the cabinet at the bottom of the road

TT Chat:

I see, may I ask if you have you spoke to our technical team before about this matter?

TT Chat:

spoken*

Me:*There is physically no point unless they have the alchemy skills to turn copper into glass! LOL!"

So in the end I am now only paying £25 per month but have to go back to the loyalty team in November before billing changes as the changes take place one month before the new Direct Debit comes into force - ask for confirmation in writing of start and end dates. ;)

Have TT prices gone up again? 33 pounds for fibre , and on a 24 month contact.