Sheffield RSPCA confusion.

We have a dog that unfortunately, because of certain issues, we need taking off our hands, so I rang the RSPCA Sheffield branch to ask if they could assist in this. The lady I spoke to couldn't commit to anything on the phone there and then, which I understand, so she advised me to go on the internet and visit rspcasheffield.org/rehoming and take it from there.

I did this and found the Sheffield RSPCA branch, but unless I'm going daft I see no facility on there to inquire about handing over an animal TO them, only to adopt FROM them.

Did I get fobbed off?

Edited by The Moon

Try some other local rescue centres. Why are you getting rid of it?

We have a dog that unfortunately, because of certain issues, we need taking off our hands, so I rang the RSPCA Sheffield branch to ask if they could assist in this. The lady I spoke to couldn't commit to anything on the phone there and then, which I understand, so she advised me to go on the internet and visit rspcasheffield.org/rehoming and take it from there.

I did this and found the Sheffield RSPCA branch, but unless I'm going daft I see no facility on there to inquire about handing over an animal TO them, only to adopt FROM them.

Did I get fobbed off?

No- the RSPCA is their to prevent cruelty, suffering and neglect, not to provide a free re-homing service.

Disposal of a healthy animal is not their responsibility, it is yours.

Blue Cross in Sheffield will help- please generously if they do.

The RSPCA do not take animals unless there's proven cruelty, or an animal is injured, or there's a risk of cruelty, so please don't just expect them to take an unwanted animal off your hands.

Ring other charities: Blue Cross, RainRescue, Sheffield Dog Rescue, Mill House Animal Shelter, Mayflower Sanctuary, Netherlands Dog Rescue, BARC, BADAW, and also ring the pound and ask whether they may consider a surrender to them.