The Thirty Year Plan

Woodhead Pass on the news, and the 30 year plan to upgrade it, as part of The Northen Powerhouse, what ever that means.

Well, as it's been discussed for the last 30 odd or more years, best not hold our breath while we wait for it to be built then.

Maybe they should give the Carillion Directors and Shareholders a shovel each, and get them digging.

Angel1

The Mottram by pass have been on the cards for years ,but nowt`s ever happened. It even had planning permission granted ,but nowt.

The Mottram by pass have been on the cards for years ,but nowt`s ever happened. It even had planning permission granted ,but nowt.

thought we had one the m62 lol

thought we had one the m62 lol

Problem with the M62 is it's soon closed in bad weather due to where it is. Plus it feeds North Manchester and it's a long hike around to get to South Manchester.

Angel1.

They were talking on Look North about a high speed rail line from Leeds - Bradford - Manchester and then later to Liverpool and Hull. This makes a lot more sense to me than HS2, but will it ever happen? Thinking about it they could leave Bradford out, who wants to go there it's a right dump.

Woodhead Pass on the news, and the 30 year plan to upgrade it, as part of The Northen Powerhouse, what ever that means.

Well, as it's been discussed for the last 30 odd or more years, best not hold our breath while we wait for it to be built then.

Maybe they should give the Carillion Directors and Shareholders a shovel each, and get them digging.

Angel1

I have to laugh whenever I hear Northern Powerhouse mentioned, otherwise I would cry because I don't think they care a jot for anything North of Watford Gap.

They were talking on Look North about a high speed rail line from Leeds - Bradford - Manchester and then later to Liverpool and Hull. This makes a lot more sense to me than HS2, but will it ever happen? Thinking about it they could leave Bradford out, who wants to go there it's a right dump.

I think that's kind of the point, it's not a fast trainline to anywhere, but has a high percentage of young people, it needs to be better connected to help it develop.

I think that's kind of the point, it's not a fast trainline to anywhere, but has a high percentage of young people, it needs to be better connected to help it develop.

Fair point.

All talk as usual. No action.

30 years? What a joke. The Chinese would have it built in a weekend..

All talk as usual. No action.

30 years? What a joke. The Chinese would have it built in a weekend..

Not defending the 30 years, but I think the Chinese have a bit more land, and care less about demolishing things to put new road and rail routes in.

Not that it matters, I don't think I'll be driving to Manchester through a tunnel any time soon......

Problem with the M62 is it's soon closed in bad weather due to where it is.

The M62 is hardly ever closed due to snow - the HA ensure that it remains open as it's well engineered and far easier to keep clear than say the Woodhead or A58. Used to use it regularly in winter.

The M62 is hardly ever closed due to snow - the HA ensure that it remains open as it's well engineered and far easier to keep clear than say the Woodhead or A58. Used to use it regularly in winter.

Still like having to go round 3 sides of a square to get from Sheffield to Manchester airport.