Smart tv not starting up

anyone having trouble starting up a smart tv or computer this morning my tv started then turned off, for good by the looks of it and one of my computers started up and has gone into a half hour up grade but no reason given. I was reading over the weekend about a serious fault on some computer chips affecting security.

not such a smart tv then

The computer is probably installing the latest Windows 10 upgrade, it took ages for me, including several attempts which failed for no obvious reason.

This has no link to the TV problem, however. Have you tried a full reset?

The computer is probably installing the latest Windows 10 upgrade, it took ages for me, including several attempts which failed for no obvious reason.

the tv is a digihome 32272smhdled any idea how to do a reset, I have had it disconnected and reconnected from the mains for over 1 hr still same

They can't reset the TV if it's not turning on?? :loopy::hihi:

if there's no power at all, then it's likely dead... to the OP, what exactly is it doing?

Turn it off / unplug it for 30 mins, plug it back in, give it a minute, then try and turn it on, see if it works etc....

anyone having trouble starting up a smart tv or computer this morning my tv started then turned off, for good by the looks of it and one of my computers started up and has gone into a half hour up grade but no reason given. I was reading over the weekend about a serious fault on some computer chips affecting security.

It happened to my Samsung tv, and the reason was some bug in smart tv firmware that caused system to hang when tv is turned on and in the same time, tv was trying to connect to Wi-Fi network. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out what causes the problem (turning off) and after I disabled the Wi-Fi, tv was working normally. After that, I did the factory reset on smart tv, and connect the tv on internet with network cable instead the Wi-Fi.

I am not sure that is the problem in your case, but you could try by disconnecting the internet, all HDMI devices and start tv and see what happens.

Good luck!

It happened to my Samsung tv, and the reason was some bug in smart tv firmware that caused system to hang when tv is turned on and in the same time, tv was trying to connect to Wi-Fi network. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out what causes the problem (turning off) and after I disabled the Wi-Fi, tv was working normally. After that, I did the factory reset on smart tv, and connect the tv on internet with network cable instead the Wi-Fi.

I am not sure that is the problem in your case, but you could try by disconnecting the internet, all HDMI devices and start tv and see what happens.

Good luck!

just had a new one delivered, the old one was a digihome the new one is a bush, apart from the name and remote control they are identical, badge engineering.my freeview box once played up and it just needed the reset switch pushing to clear the fault,had the tv apart and nothing inside to reset.

Edited by choogling

They can't reset the TV if it's not turning on?? :loopy::hihi:

Sometimes you can, surely? I had to do this with a tv a few years back - press and hold power and volume buttons on the set, something like that, and it reverted to factory settings. Thought it was worth mentioning anyway.