Boxing Day Sales..Anyone!!

I don't know about you lot, but the very last thing on my mind this morning, besides never wanting to eat ever again!!!! Is the thought of rushing out and spending even more!

I feel sorry for those in the retail sector, I'm damn sure their CEO's won't be working today.

Ridiculous, a young mother I know has had to work throughout the Christmas and New Year period and for what so some bloated lumps can spend yet more money they don't have on cheap stuff they don't 'really' need.

It paints a sad picture for many families that are torn apart by others greed and never ending need to buy ever more crap!!

Edited by mrcharlie

Sad'os the lot.

Boxing Day Sale's what?

I don't know about you lot, but the very last thing on my mind this morning, besides never wanting to eat ever again!!!! Is the thought of rushing out and spending even more!

I feel sorry for those in the retail sector, I'm damn sure their CEO's won't be working today.

Ridiculous, a young mother I know has had to work throughout the Christmas and New Year period and for what so some bloated lumps can spend yet more money they don't have on cheap stuff they don't 'really' need.

It paints a sad picture for many families that are torn apart by others greed and never ending need to buy ever more crap!!

So what about the others that have always "open" for business on Boxing Day.

Pubs,clubs,football stadia,horse racing - just a thought perhaps its for the enjoyment of people during their time off work.

Wow, bitter much :rolleyes:

Wow, bitter much :rolleyes:

On the contrary...

We've both barely touched Decembers wages and better still thanks to a frugal 2017 we will be going into 2018 both in the black and with ZERO debt of any type!!

So bitter not, smug quite possibly?

The above poster, if correct states the cost of borrowing at almost £2T and we're heading out of the EU.

It doesn't take much to get the hint of what may happen.

Consumerism in the UK is frankly obscene, the tragedy being that we don't benefit as much as the foreign counties who are plying us with this endless cheap crap.

So, rush out and grab yourself a cheap bang4buck TV as that's clearly as far as you can see.

Happy Neew Year

Edited by mrcharlie

On the contrary...

We've both barely touched Decembers wages and better still will be going into 2018 both in the black and with ZERO debt of any type!!

So bitter not, smug quite possibly?

The above poster, if correct states the cost of borrowing at almost £2T and we're heading out of the EU.

It doesn't take much to get the hint of what may happen.

Consumerism in the UK is frankly obscene, the tragedy being that we don't benefit as much as the foreign counties who are plying us with this endless cheap crap.

So, rush out and grab yourself a cheap bang4buck TV as that's clearly as far as you can see.

Happy Neew Year

Depending on where she works, I'd be selling for Britain if I was her because this is is still peak sales time and footfall is down 4.9% on last year on average. If everyone avoids your other half's shop (please, name it so she can have a day off) she could well end up without a job in 6 months time.

Complaining about working round Christmas in retail is liking going on holiday in the Sahara and being surprised it's a bit hot. Most shops make 12 months money in the last month.

Someone working in the retail sector has to expect to work on Boxing Day. The same applies to hospital workers etc.

According to the news the shops are quieter because of Black Friday which seemed to be Black Friday week. There is only so much money which people have to spend.

I would rush out just for the sales, as it’s sometimes just a load of tat that’s reduced and I hate big massive crowds of people ferreting away at the sale stuff. But if I happen to see something I need like a nice rucksack or picture frames, then I’d be quite pleased.

We choose not to chase the sales on Boxing Day, instead frequent a hotel for a nice meal served by staff on double time for today and treble time for Christmas Day.

Depending on where she works, I'd be selling for Britain if I was her because this is is still peak sales time and footfall is down 4.9% on last year on average. If everyone avoids your other half's shop (please, name it so she can have a day off) she could well end up without a job in 6 months time.

Complaining about working round Christmas in retail is liking going on holiday in the Sahara and being surprised it's a bit hot. Most shops make 12 months money in the last month.

Firstly, The person in question isn't my other half

Secondly, shops are open 364 days a year, would it honestly make much of difference if it were 363??

We all used to manage perfectly well when shops closed Xmas day & Boxing day. Maybe you think these people are here to serve your every whim and don't deserve to have 2 days off in a row.

Edited by mrcharlie

Firstly, The person in question isn't my other half

Secondly, shops are open 364 days a year, would it honestly make much of difference if it were 363??

We all used to manage perfectly well when shops closed Xmas day & Boxing day. Maybe you think these people are here to serve your every whim and don't deserve to have 2 days off in a row.

I don't make the rules - if nobody wanted to shop on boxing day, shops wouldn't open. They were queuing from 2 in the morning to get into Next in Birmingham - they want to spend their money. If this person doesn't want to work on boxing day, don't work in retail. I'm sure they can put in for holidays and take a fortnight off - although their employer could reasonably say they can't have it on the busiest time of the year.

I work long hours. I was up to 85 hours one week until i lost count and I still had two more days to do. I don't think my clients give a ****. I wouldn't ask them to. Lots of people work long hours. Lots of people work unsociable hours. Get another job. Work for herself (she'll know long hours then) but to have a go at entire country because she has to work is a little bit sad.