Chritmas holiday cost

How much on average do we spend on the christmas holiday, all the food ,the presents etc at some point youve got to say thats it im not spending another penny,roll on when the shops close,this year ive spent an absolute fortune on food and drink im now broke until i go back to work merry xmas everybody

I can relate to your situation

We've been there so many times in past Christmases

This year we both decided enough was enough. Yes, the kids got their wants and the fat bird will be sat on the table.....!

But that's basically it! We've spent a fraction of what was normally spent and truth be told we're both feeling pleased as punch. The UK is "driven" by consumerism, the need to have the latest, greatest, biggest, baddest knows no bounds. The trick is....saying NO!!

Once you've done it, it's remarkably easy and you'll wonder why it took so long.

Chin up, and enjoy your Christmas day knowing that next year you won't be so easily fooled

Merry Christmas & Best Wishes for 2018

I can relate to your situation

We've been there so many times in past Christmases

This year we both decided enough was enough. Yes, the kids got their wants and the fat bird will be sat on the table.....!

But that's basically it! We've spent a fraction of what was normally spent and truth be told we're both feeling pleased as punch. The UK is "driven" by consumerism, the need to have the latest, greatest, biggest, baddest knows no bounds. The trick is....saying NO!!

Once you've done it, it's remarkably easy and you'll wonder why it took so long.

Chin up, and enjoy your Christmas day knowing that next year you won't be so easily fooled

Merry Christmas & Best Wishes for 2018

Second that.

Who's spent their fuel allowance on Christmas? :o

Who's spent their fuel allowance on Christmas? :o

That’s no good . . . We don’t want the old folks dying off over winter now, do we ?

Everyone’s forgotten the true meanings of Christmas

That’s no good . . . We don’t want the old folks dying off over winter now, do we ?

I've nearly spent mine :help: