Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United 24/09/17 - The Big One

Thought I'd get an early thread underway for this the first Steel City Derby since 2012 - with both teams in decent form it promises to be a good one.

Very hard to call these games as they have a history of upsetting the form book, not much to call on form wise here as it's still very early days.

United have carried the momentum from last season into this and started well, the Owls started with a horror show at PNE but have picked up game by game and haven't lost since, out inability to keep a clean sheet is a slight concern.

If the Owls players are up for (I think they will be) if expect us to edge it but it will be far from easy.

Lets hope it shows one of footballs great games in a good light.

?-?

At the start of the season, i had this as a 3-1 win to Owls, now i can't call it, but if i had to, 1-1...

Wednesday seem to be hitting their stride now after an indifferent start. Not sure whether Chris Wilders decision to leave out Clarke, Sharpe, Donaldson yesterday ( my assumption) will be vindicated, perhaps it might have been better to go for a positive result yesterday.

I'd normally go for a draw but Wilder doesn't seem to do draws so its one or t'other,

0-1 for Blades ( says the heart) :love:

I think the Blades will be up for this so you never know but I'm going for an Owls win 2.0

I think the Blades will be up for this so you never know but I'm going for an Owls win 2.0

You "think" ?

You "think" ?

Oh yes just an hunch.

Wednesday seem to be hitting their stride now after an indifferent start. Not sure whether Chris Wilders decision to leave out Clarke, Sharpe, Donaldson yesterday ( my assumption) will be vindicated, perhaps it might have been better to go for a positive result yesterday.

I'd normally go for a draw but Wilder doesn't seem to do draws so its one or t'other,

0-1 for Blades ( says the heart) :love:

Those three would have been on the bench if they were fit. It would have given them a rest and yet allowed us to bring them on if we needed to, which we did!

They weren't available yesterday, let's hope at least one of them makes it for Sunday.

With a full squad available I'd fancy our chances of an upset, but as it is I think the best we can hope for is a draw.

Quiet thread this more concern about United, anyway well done Wednesday and it was so nearly a perfect 3.

:confused::confused::confused: