"Air Raid" siren in Tinsley.

Geographically, having buzzed down the M1 today, I think Outo Kumpo are the probable culprits. On the day in question, It went off with a slowly alternating wail, just like a WW2 air raid siren. It did this a couple of times, then went into the "all clear" continuous sound.

Do they pour metal any more there? Surely if it was a pouring warning it would be a bit more frequent. I must be cery loud if you are nearer than I was.

They probably had a problem and the alarm went off to protect the workers.

These things are there for a reason - not just to scare residents into thinking that the Russians are coming.

There is no reason for the factory to tell anyone outside unless it affects them.

agood few tears ago i was a caretaker on the mandrake block of flats on norfolk park and on the roof there was one hell of a air raid siren which was occasionally tested the switch was in my small office it made a hell of a deafening noise

Sounds like they have been testing the Flood defences......usually they give a warning of a test

I remember in school we were near Wooly Woods for some reason and a factory near there had one. Can anyone verify this? I remember hearing it on that day and the teacher explaining it. This would have been around 1990