The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I’ll try this one yet again.

What benefit do you Brexiters see ,or hope for in our departure from the EU?

I want to devolve power down to the lowest possible level, and make that power truly accountable to the people, thus creating a much freer society. The EU, which seeks always to centralise power and reduce accountability, is clearly incompatible with this ideal.

I hope the UK's departure from the EU will give us freedom (both economic and political) from this excessively complicated, deliberately overregulated and increasingly centralised beauracracy that is directly responsible for the growing instability and economic stagnation across much of Europe.

This supranational monster governs most aspects of the daily lives of over 508 million people spread across 28 European countries (soon to be 27). Chilling. I want to be free of it.

I am fine with a United States of Europe.Central government with some degree of self government by each member state or country.

Much preferable to a disunited Europe because we know where that has led us.

I want to devolve power down to the lowest possible level, and make that power truly accountable to the people, thus creating a much freer society. The EU, which seeks always to centralise power and reduce accountability, is clearly incompatible with this ideal.

I hope the UK's departure from the EU will give us freedom (both economic and political) from this excessively complicated, deliberately overregulated and increasingly centralised beauracracy that is directly responsible for the growing instability and economic stagnation across much of Europe.

This supranational monster governs most aspects of the daily lives of over 508 million people spread across 28 European countries (soon to be 27). Chilling. I want to be free of it.

Nope,it doesn't govern most aspects of the daily lives of over 508 million people spread across 28 European countries,the individual countries governments do that,primarily because they are part of the decision making process of the EU,sign treaties and agreements,agree policy etc.....individual countries people elect those governments to carry out the mandate of those governments,the people can elect an anti EU party to rule them at any election and take them out of the EU,and this doesn't even include the individual countries governments making their own laws that actually do rule the lives of 508 million,separate to any EU laws.

I'm getting worried now! If Mrs May's made as big a pigs ear of Brexit as she did with Carillion, We're up #### Creek!!

Carboot.I have read your thoughts but in essence what benefits do you see the UK getting with this freedom.

Better jobs,more security,wider markets.border controls?

I just don’t see any benefits just this vague notion that we are Great Britain and can go it alone.

I hope that I’m wrong but given our track record in supporting our industries I just don’t believe the rhetoric being trotted out by our leaders.

We do disagree but with respect I think you might misunderstand the meaning of federation. Individual self governing countries do not exist in a federation. The USA is a federation. Canada is a Federation. Australia is a federation. Russia is a federation. ISTR that that Brazil is a federation.

Nobody would ever call any of those federations a collection of nations. because they are all distinct and unified nations under one flag, one government, with one army, foreign policy, and all the trappings that go with a single nation. That is what federation means for the ever closer union of the EU, not what we have now.

That's not for me. If it's for you we'll have to agree to disagree.

Are you planning on moving out of the United Kingdom?

;)

I'm getting worried now! If Mrs May's made as big a pigs ear of Brexit as she did with Carillion, We're up #### Creek!!

welcome to poundshop britain

Carboot.I have read your thoughts but in essence what benefits do you see the UK getting with this freedom.

Better jobs,more security,wider markets.border controls?

I just don’t see any benefits just this vague notion that we are Great Britain and can go it alone.

I hope that I’m wrong but given our track record in supporting our industries I just don’t believe the rhetoric being trotted out by our leaders.

The benefits I see coming from not being shackled to the economic ideology of the EU is a return to the re-nationalisation of essential industries such as transport, energy and water. The Carillion crisis is proving once more that the private profit sector is not the best fit when it comes to public services. The neo-liberal EU would prevent re-nationalisation and borrowing-to-invest in the economy. The EU does not permit state aid or public procurement.

I do see more jobs, better paid and secure in this new non-profit public service sector. I see a future of high skills manufacturing. Wages haven't kept pace with inflation because we have a dampening effect of a large pool of cheap EU labour. The price of labour must rise for the benefit of all.

I don't believe the rhetoric of our leaders either. I think they are secretly trying to keep us in the EU. Any deal 'negotiated' will be so terrible for the UK that they will be forced to put it to another vote. The whole weight of the British Establishment, which unexpectedly got a bloody nose from ordinary voters last time, will ensure that we vote again to remain in the EU. And that this time we do vote to remain.

Too many high power careers are depending upon it.

I do see more jobs, better paid and secure in this new non-profit public service sector. I see a future of high skills manufacturing. Wages haven't kept pace with inflation because we have a dampening effect of a large pool of cheap EU labour. The price of labour must rise for the benefit of all.

and we wont get cheap labour from ooh i dont know, India? Pakistan maybe? places that last time i looked wernt in the EU?

and we wont get cheap labour from ooh i dont know, India? Pakistan maybe? places that last time i looked wernt in the EU?

If the Tories are in power, then yes.

But a big change to British politics is coming at the next general election. A change for the better.

Jeremy Corbyn.

Think of the job opportunities.

I am fine with a United States of Europe.Central government with some degree of self government by each member state or country.

Fair enough. We're all entitled to a personal opinion. :)

Much preferable to a disunited Europe because we know where that has led us.

It always seems to lead us to Britain having to do something dramatic to get the European mainland out of the mess it's made for itself. Whether it's war or Brexit, the thread is common, and I believe history will ultimately prove it so.