Best Chinese Takeaways thread.

I've long suspected that most Chinese takeaway foods are bought in and just warmed through, the quick turnaround times and similar packaging adds to my suspicions.

That used to be a great takeaway in Eckington that cooked fresh from scratch, not sure if its still there. Not had a good Chinese takeaway for years.

I live within walking distance of China Delight, but dont use them anymore as I dont like their food. When at home I prefer to use Chans on Abbydale Rd South.

But when at work I use Wok This Way on South Rd, Walkley. Best one I've used in ages.

Agreed, I think Wok This Way is excellent.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 22:39 ----------

I've long suspected that most Chinese takeaway foods are bought in and just warmed through, the quick turnaround times and similar packaging adds to my suspicions.

That used to be a great takeaway in Eckington that cooked fresh from scratch, not sure if its still there. Not had a good Chinese takeaway for years.

Wok This Way (South Road, Walkley) cook it all in front of you, so you know it's all fresh from scratch.

Really a restaurant, but the take aways at the Bejing at Greenhill are superb, plenty in a portion and wonderful. I have talked myself into haveing sweet and sour chicken tonight!

I live within walking distance of China Delight, but dont use them anymore as I dont like their food. When at home I prefer to use Chans on Abbydale Rd South.

But when at work I use Wok This Way on South Rd, Walkley. Best one I've used in ages.

I might try them then I have had a couple of not so good meals from China delight - things like chips undercooked and the sauces really thick and 'stringy' also any meat dishes tasted chewy and rubbery - but I tried them again and it was really good although I don't think it is good it is up and down so I have been using Chans also!

In General I personally don't think any I have tried are as good as they used to be say 10, 15 years ago maybe its my taste buds that have changed but the taste is not the same for me :( and chinese used to be my favourite food.

Any recommendations for a good Chinese take-away in S35 / Chapeltown / High Green area? :help:

Which is the best Chinese takeaway in the Ecclesfield area.

Yum Yums by a country mile , very generous portions.

I've had Chinese friends say that Noodle Doodle is the BEST Chinese food they have had, outside China.

It's definitely the best Chinese/Malaysian food I've had in the UK.

I've had Chinese friends say that Noodle Doodle is the BEST Chinese food they have had, outside China.

It's definitely the best Chinese/Malaysian food I've had in the UK.

......very average on my recent visit! I would not risk another try!

I didn't reckon much to Golden Harvest on London Rd. I too, love a good Chinese, so this is a good thread for me!

Wow! - We haven't ordered here for a few months. Had 3 meals last week and the same tonight, so order was varied. Absolutely brilliant! Food very quick, HUGE amount and flavours lovely.

Whatever they are doing (and who is cooking it) they're spot on for us.

Someone else is going to have to wash up, because I can't move. Lol.

I stopped using this take away a few months ago,It changed hands and the food was not as nice as was.in fact it was crap,so they lost my custom and I am not willing to try them again to spend 20 quid to sling it in the bin.the delivery lad was very pleasant though.China Cuisine on Middlewood Rd get my custom now.