Computer Dinosaur needs advice please

Copying the files from the CD to a USB flash drive and installing Office from that works ok. If you haven’t got a CD/DVD drive then you need to ask someone who has to do the job for you. If the OP doesn’t have the 2003 key but still has access to the computer it is currently on, he can use Belarc advisor to obtain it.

Copying the files from the CD to a USB flash drive and installing Office from that works ok. If you haven’t got a CD/DVD drive then you need to ask someone who has to do the job for you. If the OP doesn’t have the 2003 key but still has access to the computer it is currently on, he can use Belarc advisor to obtain it.

I'm a bit wary of Belarc adviser as I had misplaced the serial number for office 2013 to speed up migration to a new build I used Belarus and it gave me the totally wrong key. Had to pay the £10 recovery fee in the end.

I'm a bit wary of Belarc adviser as I had misplaced the serial number for office 2013 to speed up migration to a new build I used Belarus and it gave me the totally wrong key. Had to pay the £10 recovery fee in the end.

If you had it installed already and cant find the key then this would have found it. Used it several times when rebuilding and it has worked every time, and as recently as Christmas.

Produkey: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Edit:

Sorry just realised you had Office 2013 and that is not on the list, maybe you could try it though and see.

Edited by apelike

If you had it installed already and cant find the key then this would have found it. Used it several times when rebuilding and it has worked every time, and as recently as Christmas.

Produkey: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Edit:

Sorry just realised you had Office 2013 and that is not on the list, maybe you could try it though and see.

That would be why then - hadn't spotted that - thanks for the heads up! ;)

If you use Office at work, it's worth asking your IT guys what the licence grants you; we have Office 365 business at work and are allowed to install it on 5 machines per employee, including our home PCs.