Harry Ramsdens, Opens Ecclesall Rd.

Uhh haven't Yankees, Uncle Sams, Pizza Hut been there for years?

Uncle Sams and Yankees must be two of the longest running restaurants in Sheffield going back to the 70s.

There isn't a Pizza Hut on Ecclesall Road any more.

Harry Ramsdens is overpriced and rubbish. When I was a child in the early 60s and went to his original shop it wasn't a money making racket

I went to one in Bournemouth and it was pants! I wouldn't imagine Two Steps would lose much custom.

I thought this was going to be a restaurant,however it appears to be a glorified fish and chip takeaway counter only. Why someone would invest £150-£250k in a franchise (also £70k liquid cash required too!) for a chip shop and locate it where people can't park out front most of the time is beyond me. I understand people can use the coop car park but sometimes it's full and difficult to get a spot.

I thought this was going to be a restaurant,however it appears to be a glorified fish and chip takeaway counter only. Why someone would invest £150-£250k in a franchise (also £70k liquid cash required too!) for a chip shop and locate it where people can't park out front most of the time is beyond me. I understand people can use the coop car park but sometimes it's full and difficult to get a spot.

blimey i think this venture is going to be financial suicide:loopy: there are quite a few good quality fish and chip shops locally and this one is hardly going to be any better but certainly more expensive, time will tell, i reckon 6 months

Well this fish and chip shop is no longer a Harry Ramsdens chain type place. It has been rebranded (or perhaps changed its name) to Swordfish. From the outiside it looks the same, apart from some new signage.

I never tried it under the franchised brand as I prefer to support local independent businesses.

Has anyone tried it out under the new guise? Would be interesting to know if it has changed owners and also any changes to the prices...

Well this fish and chip shop is no longer a Harry Ramsdens chain type place. It has been rebranded (or perhaps changed its name) to Swordfish. From the outiside it looks the same, apart from some new signage.

I never tried it under the franchised brand as I prefer to support local independent businesses.

Has anyone tried it out under the new guise? Would be interesting to know if it has changed owners and also any changes to the prices...

not tried it but i reckon it will go the way of Harry Ramsdens, wrong place to site it, bad junction , little or no passing parking. the rent must be high and the rates also, it needs to take at least 8k a week? not a chance:rolleyes: