Racist blackamoor broach.

If it was intentional, the last thing anyone in the media should have done was acknowledge it. If it went completely unmentioned, as opposed to unnoticed, it would have taken the wind out of her sails. When people voice their offense at something it just gives power to people who were trying to cause offence or controversy in the first place.

Exactly. If you just ignore it, they'll always wonder if you even noticed it.

I can see where you are coming from. There is no good from this story. The person or people who started this controversy had no good intentions and share the same mindset as the people who start petty arguments in families, the people who cause fights in pubs and the people who start wars between nations.

Who started the controversy?

Who started the controversy?

Someone who had nothing better to do

I don't understand, why is a broach featuring a black figure considered racist, but a similar broach featuring a white figure, isn't considered racist?

I fail to see anything racist about that broach . Sadly society has been poisoned by political correctness rearing its ugly head on a daily basis.

---------- Post added 24-12-2017 at 22:08 ----------

I don't think you are allowed to say the G word these days, it may offend some people.

Angel1.

You can still buy them , so Golliwog must still be an allowed word.

Such a shame some people make such a crusade of being offended for other people particularly when the alleged offender cant answer back, most people dont care and have a life:loopy:

Careful. I don't think you're allowed to use the word 'Crusade' anymore because of its previous connotations.

Thank heaven's Princess Michael's not British.

Someone who had nothing better to do

Really? Who was that then?

---------- Post added 25-12-2017 at 01:41 ----------

Careful. I don't think you're allowed to use the word 'Crusade' anymore because of its previous connotations.

Thank heaven's Princess Michael's not British.

German isn’t she?

Marie Christine Anna Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz

You can still buy them , so Golliwog must still be an allowed word.

In 1983, Robertsons jams were boycotted by the Greater London Council because the Golliwog was seen as offensive, its those left wing councils again.

In 1983, Robertsons jams were boycotted by the Greater London Council because the Golliwog was seen as offensive, its those left wing councils again.

Hmmm. . . perhaps it’s bone-headed thick racists who used the term golliwog as a racial insult, that caused those left wing councils to react so ?

Really? Who was that then?

---------- Post added 25-12-2017 at 01:41 ----------

German isn’t she?

Marie Christine Anna Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz

German - Hungarian decent. Her dad was an SS cavalry officer but apparently not that loyal a member of either the SS or Nazi party & thought the likes of Hitler & Himmler were peasants.

---------- Post added 25-12-2017 at 12:12 ----------

Hmmm. . . perhaps it’s bone-headed thick racists who used the term golliwog as a racial insult, that caused those left wing councils to react so ?

And yet, go to somewhere like Scarborough you'll see vast amounts of tourist 'souvenirs' from cups, postcards, pictures & replicas of Robertson Jam posters for sale in many shops, all bearing the images of Golliwogs & nobody appears to bat an eyelid or appears to complain about it.

The merchandise wouldn't be on sale if it wasn't making money.

Merry Christmas everyone. No more from me today.

Like the National Front used the England flag, so some council restrict flag flying?