Takeaways, having to spend over a certain amount, to get it delivered!

For example, 10 pounds. And still a delivery charge. What if you live on your own?

buy 2 freeze the second

buy 2 freeze the second
I don’t think I’d want two takeaways in a month, or how ever long yo can freeze them for, which I can’t imagine is that long. I’d quite like to maintain my figure thanks.

---------- Post added 20-12-2017 at 07:10 ----------

For the ones that don't try to short change you by pretending to run through coppers to build enough change....

I had a look on Just-Eat recently as I've moved across town and hadn't been shopping.

There was a Greek place, aptly named 'The Greedy Greek Deli', £100 minimum order and £10 delivery :hihi:

https://imgur.com/a/ICXvX

Anyway, to answer the question of "what if you live alone?"

Three options

1. Invite a friend and split it

2. Get a partner and split it

3. Learn to cook.

Out of them, option 3 is most probable, even tho I only own a microwave:hihi:

Edited by AmberLeaf

Do yourself a favour and cook your own

Why line someone else's pockets

Takeaways, I'm guessing you're referring to indian, pizza, Chinese etc etc Not Fish/Chips in which case your filling your belly with crap!! I worked in a fastfood takeaway whilst a student many years ago and know exactly what goes on behind the kitchen door!! If you all saw it too, you wouldn't eat it either, I promise you that!

Besides, they pay virtually zero TAX hence why they've got the bloody big flash car out front.

Bugger them, They'll get sod all from me

Takeaways, I'm guessing you're referring to indian, pizza, Chinese etc etc Not Fish/Chips in which case your filling your belly with crap!! I worked in a fastfood takeaway whilst a student many years ago and know exactly what goes on behind the kitchen door!! If you all saw it too, you wouldn't eat it either, I promise you that!

Besides, they pay virtually zero TAX hence why they've got the bloody big flash car out front.

You sound very sensible. I'll by myself a cooker, when I can afford one.And a Delia Smith Cookbook!

You sound very sensible. I'll by myself a cooker, when I can afford one.And a Delia Smith Cookbook!

Only say it if you mean it.

Otherwise the only person you're kiddin' is yourself!

Have a great Christmas and a wonderful takeaway-free 2018

Only say it if you mean it.

Otherwise the only person you're kiddin' is yourself!

Have a great Christmas and a wonderful takeaway-free 2018

I do! I do! And I know your right. I'm actually a fan of Delia, because she's an ' old school ' cook. A couple of yrs ago, I was watching her Christmas series on YouTube, and did a load of baking. You too, have a great Christmas. They'll be no takeaways either, just healthy eating and some chocolate , lol. As I'm going out to eat on my Birthday! :D

My grandad, although a miner, he worked part time in an abattoir and always said things like "if you saw where that came from, you wouldn't touch it" just about any time a meat product was placed in front of me, especislly if it was tripe or bag and chitterlings etc. LOL

My chippy does not have a minimum spend for delivery. Our delivery drivers get paid directly from the customer they deliver the order too. It does not cost me. I get the extra busines from the customers we have gained from ordering because we deliver. The drivers between them delivered couple of thousand menus to the local area to help them increase there delivery.

My chippy does not have a minimum spend for delivery. Our delivery drivers get paid directly from the customer they deliver the order too. It does not cost me. I get the extra busines from the customers we have gained from ordering because we deliver. The drivers between them delivered couple of thousand menus to the local area to help them increase there delivery.

Sounds like a good chippy!