Loneliness at Christmas

No...but as advice...don’t wait for it to come to you, go find it.

No...but as advice...don’t wait for it to come to you, go find it.

Good evening, I have to 100% agree with this advice. Someone told me the same once and tho it wasn't easy I've now got a great relationship and lots more friends.

Best of luck to you sparrowsdad. Things will get better

Edited by little miffy
Added comment

Good evening, I have to 100% agree with this advice. Someone told me the same once and tho it wasn't easy I've now got a great relationship and lots more friends.

Best of luck to you sparrowsdad. Things will get better

Good for you miffy.

There are lots of people who feel lonely, especially at Christmas, and it's a rotton feeling. For some people it takes a tremendous amount of courage to get themselves out of the house when their confidence is low, but as you and previous poster said, there really is no other way.

Volunteering is often a good way to get involved. And it helps to remind you that there are always people worse off than you.

Best wishes to you sparrowsdad. You can always PM me if it helps.

Anyone else lonely?

No not personally but I sympathise with anyone who is. Christmas must be the worst part of the year to be on your own but you’ve taken the first step by talking about it. Also you’ve helped me as I normally hate Christmas but you’ve made me realise how lucky I am because I am not alone this Christmas. From now on I shall stop moaning about Christmas.

Yes, and there are thousands if not millions like us, From cooking xmas dinner for 5/7 people to cooking dinner for 1, I really have to push myself to bother at all.

I think it's also important to remember that it's perfectly possible to feel lonely in a crowd or in a family. Loneliness takes different forms.

- And some people love being on their own.

Yes, and there are thousands if not millions like us, From cooking xmas dinner for 5/7 people to cooking dinner for 1, I really have to push myself to bother at all.

Snap. Last year there were 5 of us. This year just me.

Its going to be a strange old Christmas thats for sure.

Snap. Last year there were 5 of us. This year just me.

Its going to be a strange old Christmas thats for sure.

I've been here for a few years now, so used to it (if you can get used to being lonely) the first year is the worse.

Frankly, it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, to spend Christmas Day on my own.

My wife’s late uncle was often invited to come to us and he always (politely) declined.

In his later years he used to settle in with a bottle of red, a bottle of scotch, cook a pheasant with some veg, draw the curtains, batten down the hatches and watch the pre recorded TV programmes he wanted to watch.

A very contented bloke indeed !

I did the same when the famiy was alive, but it doesn't mean I was contented, I just didn't want to bother them.

You may lke it the first year, maybe even the second, but were not taking about xmas were talkng about 365 days a year.

Edited by Itrytoplease