Knee surgery

I had mine done a few years ago, and kept a chronicle of my day-to-day progress, or not. It's pretty raw and tells how I was feeling at the time.

http://www.petemorris.com.mx

Thanks for sharing, Pete.

How has your perception changed since the last blog?

Do you now consider things to be better than they were before the op? or is it still six and half-a-dozen?

If you have to have other one done Pete video it

Perish the thought.

Well I'm hoping I won't have to have another one done. As I can remember the exact day and circumstances where I damaged the first one. The other won't kind of automatically follow suit. Gulp...Hopefully.

I particularly liked the video I took of the nurse removing the staples...I know it made some people cringe.

---------- Post added 06-11-2017 at 13:56 ----------

Thanks for sharing, Pete.

How has your perception changed since the last blog?

Do you now consider things to be better than they were before the op? or is it still six and half-a-dozen?

To be honest, I can't remember my last entry. It was a while ago.

But I have to say, it has improved with time. However it still hurts somewhat, and I don't have full flexibility with it (bending)...But it's manageable, and definitely not as troublesome as before the procedure.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure whether your mind and body just 'works around' it, if you know what I mean. I tend to move a little more steadily...No sudden movements or changes of direction...That sort of thing.

Oh and it's still swollen....According to the consultant, it's just 'fatty tissue'...Which I'm not sure I believe. But hey, it's there and I just get on with it these days.

Best of luck Peter. Excellent chronical

Edited by petemcewan

Best of luck Peter. Excellent chronical

Thank you Pete.

Incidentally, the 'lights' haven't skipped a beat since you 'had a look'...Thank you!

Sorry about the late reply, two weeks to go, I,will let you all know how it goes, many thanks. Roger.

I had the op on the 16th, home on the 20th. Loads of tablets, have to inject every day to prevent blood clots. I have a lot of muscle pain doing exercises, don't intend to go out for a while though. Roger.

I had the op on the 16th, home on the 20th. Loads of tablets, have to inject every day to prevent blood clots. I have a lot of muscle pain doing exercises, don't intend to go out for a while though. Roger.

Injections?..Yikes...As I remember mine I had some blood thinning tablets but that was all...And of course the sexy stockings....

Injections?..Yikes...As I remember mine I had some blood thinning tablets but that was all...And of course the sexy stockings....

Not too bad, the needles are very thin. The exercisers are painful , but I need to do them every day to stretch the muscles, standing on the implant there is no pain at all. Whoever said sport was good for you was having a laugh.

---------- Post added 21-11-2017 at 21:58 ----------

Not too bad, the needles are very thin. The exercisers are painful , but I need to do them every day to stretch the muscles, standing on the implant there is no pain at all. Whoever said sport was good for you was having a laugh.

My husband had his done two years ago.

He was home the day after, and walked the dog three times a day (short walks) and applied himself to the physio exercises.

The physiotherapist said he had enough mobility to drive again within three weeks.

No problems at all, but everyone is different, our neighbour took longer to recover.

Just over 4 weeks since op, knee still swollen, I can walk unaided I have to exercise daily to strengthen muscles, this does cause pain, I am walking to the end of the road and back. Disturbed sleep but I am taking painkillers, back to physio in two weeks, would I go through this again? I would have to think long and hard. I haven,t been for a pint yet, her indoors is keeping a tight rein on me, not long now. Roger.

Billiam, if there is one thing you do it would be to keep up with the walking even if it means taking extra pain relief.

I tore my cartledge this time last year and was laid up for a couple of months before my op.

Following the op I shied away from using that leg.

I used to run 3 to 5 times a week and In the gym about 4 times a week.

I was truly shocked by the muscle wastage in the thigh and although I am nearly back up to previous fitness level I can still see the difference in muscle mass in the affected leg.

Sell the ‘ going for a pint ‘ to her indoors as Physio. Apparently the more you wobble the more muscle you use!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Good luck.

Edited by monkey104

Billiam, if there is one thing you do it would be to keep up with the walking even if it means taking extra pain relief.

I tore my cartledge this time last year and was laid up for a couple of months before my op.

Following the op I shied away from using that leg.

I used to run 3 to 5 times a week and In the gym about 4 times a week.

I was truly shocked by the muscle wastage in the thigh and although I am nearly back up to previous fitness level I can still see the difference in muscle mass in the affected leg.

Sell the ‘ going for a pint ‘ to her indoors as Physio. Apparently the more you wobble the more muscle you use!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Good luck.

Great advice, I will work on it.

---------- Post added 18-12-2017 at 20:41 ----------

Into fifth week,I was allowed out at the weekend, my daughter took me to the club, six pints and a taxi home, I can climb the stairs properly now, before I have six pints of course. I am really pleased with my progress, I will try for seven next time.

---------- Post added 18-12-2017 at 20:41 ----------

Into fifth week,I was allowed out at the weekend, my daughter took me to the club, six pints and a taxi home, I can climb the stairs properly now, before I have six pints of course. I am really pleased with my progress, I will try for seven next time.

Nice going mate. Keep at it.