Lincoln Christmas Market - Sunday Cancelled

The likes of you are making the country a laughing stock.

Did you go out on sunday? I did. The M25 was entertaining - cars, vans and lorries sliding - and getting stuck left and right. Trunk roads - according to both the RAC app and people I knew who travelled on trunk roads in and around the South Midlands it got even more entertaining. Leicester got it pretty bad, Nottingham got nothing. Lincoln was supposed to get it bad - I studied that Amber warning at length. If Lincoln got it as bad as Northamptonshire for example, very few traders would have got there. I understand a harry potter thing in birmingham was also cancelled because people literally couldnt ger there. And as point of reference, our friends across the channel are also suffering from similar problems.

Did you go out on sunday? I did. The M25 was entertaining - cars, vans and lorries sliding - and getting stuck left and right. Trunk roads - according to both the RAC app and people I knew who travelled on trunk roads in and around the South Midlands it got even more entertaining. Leicester got it pretty bad, Nottingham got nothing. Lincoln was supposed to get it bad - I studied that Amber warning at length. If Lincoln got it as bad as Northamptonshire for example, very few traders would have got there. I understand a harry potter thing in birmingham was also cancelled because people literally couldnt ger there. And as point of reference, our friends across the channel are also suffering from similar problems.

Did you get stuck in the snow yourself?

The traders were already there and some of the traders had come from across the channel. Some of the traders already there lost money because food and drink, which could have been sold to people living nearby instead of being thrown away.

Did you get stuck in the snow yourself?

Of course not, I was in a convoy of two front wheel drive vans with proper weight distribution and winter tyres. I stuck to motorways and avoided routes I thought would be bad but still saw plenty of stranded vehicles. Lincoln isnt blessed with motorways, has one dual carriageway (if mmeory serves) Your we're welcome to sit through 10 plus hours of dash cam footage where you can count stuck vehicles, listen to travel reports of roads closed on the radio and my singing ;)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Well, it got Sheffield off the front page

:hihi: Brilliant! :hihi:

[quote name=tinfoilhat;11772947Your we're welcome to sit through 10 plus hours of dash cam footage where you can count stuck vehicles' date=' listen to travel reports of roads closed on the radio and my singing ;)[/quote] put it on youtube so we can all have a look :hihi:

put it on youtube so we can all have a look :hihi:

I'll email it you.

So what? Those making them out as laughing stock should be ashamed of themselves.

Never mind merely the weather IN Lincoln, what about all the thousands of people who would have travelled to it from many different areas.

When the Met Office are posting severe weather warnings and national motoring organisations are saying to only travel if absolutely necessary what exactly are the event organisers supposed to do. Just sit back and stick their fingers in their ears?

Yes, we in Sheffield may have got off rather lightly from the predicted forecast but many other parts of the country didn't.

Why the hell would the already stretched emergency services want a major event likely to put thousands of extra vehicles on the road taking place on a day like that.

Why should the traders be forced to set up and travel themselves in potentially hazardous conditions to an event where footfall could be hugely down due to adverse weather.

Some people need to look at the bigger picture.

The market could have been left open for the shoppers and traders using it from within Lincoln. :idea:

Why do those in charge of the market feel responsible for those traveling from further afield into Lincoln?