The Impartiality Of The BBC.

And the Netflix interface is much better than iPlayer's. It's faster and easier to navigate.

Subjective, based on device used.

BBC iPlayer is also very expensive.

Again, you compare apples to sausages.

iPlayer is glitchy. Sound and picture frequently fall out of sync. The controls aren’t intuitive.

Now you're beyond credible, nothing wrong with iPlayer sound & picture, or the UI. Must be you or your setup.

Anyway, you wouldn't know, you don't use it... remember! :hihi:

Streaming TV is no longer about catch-up.

Looks like the BBC agree's:-

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/bbc-iplayer-wants-to-stream-entire-series-before-they-air

The BBC is stuck in the past.

Doesn't seem like it :P

Edited by Magilla

A regulation is not an Act, it is subordinate to it.

It still does not alter the fact that this is not an ownership tax as you have previously stated.

In the original 2003 act the definition of a television receiver is " any apparatus installed or used for the purpose of receiving (whether by means of wireless telegraphy or otherwise) any television programme service, whether or not it is installed or used for any other purpose. Agreed the 2016 amendments to that act do add additional meanings.

I have a TV receiver but it is not installed or used for the purpose of receiving any television programme service so therefore the licence fee cannot be an ownership tax.

Edited by apelike

But they don't have any choice about paying the license fee, if they choose to buy and own a TV, because it's a tax based on ownership of reception equipment, nothing to do with the content received.

I have purchased a smart TV which I use to watch dvd/blue ray films as well as viewing Netflix and YouTube.

Although I own my TV, I'm not legally required to have a BBC TV licence, nor do I want one. The BBC will not get a penny from me.

They can stick their iPlayer.

---------- Post added 05-12-2017 at 21:20 ----------

Again, you compare apples to sausages.

£147 to view the BBC iPlayer.

£5.99 to view Netflix (which has much more content than iPlayer). First month free. Cancel at any time.

Both Netflix and Amazon are spending considerably more on original content than the BBC. The future does not belong to the expensive, outdated BBC.

Edited by Car Boot

£147 to view the BBC iPlayer.

£5.99 to view Netflix (which has much more content than iPlayer). First month free. Cancel at any time.

Again, apples to sausages, the BBC provides far more than just entertainment content.

Both Netflix and Amazon are spending considerably more on original content than the BBC.

Netflix are spending some of it at the BBC ;)

How many news, current affairs & radio channels does Netflix have?

What's their investigative journalism like?

The future does not belong to the expensive, outdated BBC.

So you claim, but given your other claims.......

I have purchased a smart TV which I use to watch dvd/blue ray films as well as viewing Netflix and YouTube.

Hope that the BBC iPlayer app that usually comes with Smart TVs isn't embedded and can be uninstalled!

Hope that the BBC iPlayer app that usually comes with Smart TVs isn't embedded and can be uninstalled!

It's okay.

I have never used it.

And don't users have to enter their BBC TV licence fee number before they can access the limited choice of dumbed down TV?

It's okay.

I have never used it.

And don't users have to enter their BBC TV licence fee number before they can access the limited choice of dumbed down TV?

nope, i know online it says do you have a license yes/no lol

nope, i know online it says do you have a license yes/no lol

I've never used it. No interest.

But I guess that if I accidentally activated it I wouldn't be able to get past the TV licence question.

I've never used it. No interest.

But I guess that if I accidentally activated it I wouldn't be able to get past the TV licence question.

unless you clicked yes, but then that would unleash the woo woos straight round to zap you

The BBC TV licence fee is a tax on receiving live TV transmissions.

It is not a tax on owning a TV, or any other reception equipment.

It is not a 'tax' at all. It does not go to HMG.

It is not a 'tax' at all. It does not go to HMG.

In 2016, the Office of National Statistics (ONS) changed the classification of the Licence Fee from a service charge to a TAX.

A TV tax.

This is now being closed due to the off-topic and pointless bickering.