A harsh winter, where can we get survival tips?

The government wants us all to die!

What a silly thing to say.

Its Russia who wants us all to die. In fact rumor has it they have hacked our weather in order to help achieve this aim.

Pfffff.... you non-continental! :hihi:

In all seriousness though, I have had circulation problems since birth so always had to be very careful about the cold. My hands go numb even with gloves on.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but has the OP heard of that little thing called common sense?

I remember MUCH harsher winters than this, and I'm still here 62 years later, and still in one piece. It appears to me that many (but by no means all), have lost the ability to think for themselves, and expect someone else to tell them everything - no doubt so they can 'blame' them and claim compensation.:loopy:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone blamed it on brexit.

Live at 1000 feet high on a hill in the Scottish Highlands.Found two penguins dead with hypothermia in the kitchen this morning and a wolf had stolen the corned beef.Send a St Bernard with 4 gallons of Stones bitter. ASAP

It's still Autumn,

Winter Solstice (first day of winter) is 21st December this year,

I always have a laugh at '16 weeks of freezing weather' headlines, usually in the Daily Express and Sheffield Star, when each season of the year only lasts for 13 weeks.

What a silly thing to say.

Its Russia who wants us all to die. In fact rumor has it they have hacked our weather in order to help achieve this aim.

Really, last time I checked, no one had control over the weather. Although there is the argument for global warming

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 07:04 ----------

It's still Autumn,

Winter Solstice (first day of winter) is 21st December this year,

I always have a laugh at '16 weeks of freezing weather' headlines, usually in the Daily Express and Sheffield Star, when each season of the year only lasts for 13 weeks.

Supposedly an arctic blast this weekend coming for us, according to the star :hihi:

Really, last time I checked, no one had control over the weather. Although there is the argument for global warming

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 07:04 ----------

Supposedly an arctic blast this weekend coming for us, according to the star :hihi:

It's looking like The Star may well be right for a change, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still Autumn :hihi: