O2 Academy Looks Scruffy

It's a shocking venue (2 shocking venues if you count the pathetic Academy2 room). Terrible views and appalling bars and prices.

Most quality acts who do the o2 uk circuit give at miss now. Mainly tribute bands, student discos and semi successful local bands at the mo', probably close soon.

Did you frequent the 'Grab a Granny' night?

no it was grab a beer off the rocker as they went to headbang nights :hihi:

Most quality acts who do the o2 uk circuit give at miss now. Mainly tribute bands, student discos and semi successful local bands at the mo', probably close soon.

I'm not sure why this- it's part of the continued trend that Sheffield is becoming ignored by all touring productions now.

I'm not sure why this- it's part of the continued trend that Sheffield is becoming ignored by all touring productions now.

It's not massive inside so maybe doesn't pull particularly good ticket money?

The layout is pretty crap too which does put people off.

It wasn't amazingly well looked after either, they put on loads of student nights which trashed the place pretty fast.

I know people who'd rather watch gigs in Nottingham or Leeds instead of Sheffield, just because the venue's are better.

It wasn't amazingly well looked after either, they put on loads of student nights which trashed the place pretty fast.

I know people who'd rather watch gigs in Nottingham or Leeds instead of Sheffield, just because the venue's are better.

i always remember the balcony overlooking the dancefloor and stage, we used to sit up there in the dark corners during roxys rock nights

It's not an awful venue though- could do with a lick of paint etc, but if they booked bands, people would go. For sure. It's amazing how few bands play in Sheffield in general now though.

Presentation is everything and for a relatively small amount of money they could get the O2 sign fixed and the external lighting bulbs replaced.

With a new academic year they shouldve invested to get it fixed because the building should be a landmark but instead it looks like a spit and sawdust dive.

Presentation is everything and for a relatively small amount of money they could get the O2 sign fixed and the external lighting bulbs replaced.

With a new academic year they shouldve invested to get it fixed because the building should be a landmark but instead it looks like a spit and sawdust dive.

well it does fit in with the rest of sheff then :P

We may have even seen each other there!

Had some great night there, at Rebels and at the Drop. That was basically my youth (gone wild, as the song says)