Poor migrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan

Halibut, are you going to finally admit that you were wrong about the literacy and education level among Syrian refugees?

Why don't you lead by example and answer one yourselves?

All the poll on the subject of immigration tell us that the vast majority of people want less immigration. If more immigration is imposed on those who want less then how do you propose preventing a backlash against both the migrants and the liberal politics that brought them?

My bold=

Change the record, it's getting repetitive now.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 14:41 ----------

"our" is the way of life in the west irrespective of colour, if you don't like how we live and act then don't come here! and if you do come here then be prepared to stay within our rules and way of life, speak English as a prerequisite. dont bring your primitive and barbaric practices here, don't oppress your young girls and women:roll:

My bold=

You should start a new sentence with a capital letter. :rolleyes:

You think Putin said something good?

you think putin said something bad?

What a profoundly ignorant thing Putin said there. Do you really believe that most minorities lack culture or have 'primitive ways'?

do you know which minority cultures he refers to?

Whether some Russians agree with him or not, it's clealy a profoundly stupid thing to say. Do you agree with him?

Its a profoundly stupid "thing "what frau merkel did do you agree with her?

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 14:44 ----------

Putins many faces at their best,of course,that doesn't apply to Russian minorities in other countries.......that's why the Russian parliament passed a law that gave Putin carte blanche to invade other countries if,in Putins warped mind,Russian minorities were 'under threat' in that country..........this includes when Ukraine parliament put forward a motion that Russian should not be taught in Ukrainian schools,and was given as a valid reason for invading and annexing Crimea[
/QUOTE]

quote/On a visit to London last June, the veteran diplomat Henry Kissinger pleaded with his audience to see Russia as an ally, not an enemy, against Muslim fundamentalism. Russia and the west shared a civilisation and long-term interests, he said. They had to work as one. It is easy for western democracies, centuries in the making, to sneer at Russia’s imperfections and at Putin’s cynical antics in Ukraine. But the idea that economic sanctions were going to change Moscow’s mind or weaken its kleptocracy was idiotic.

Not really a fan of HK, but he is right on this one.

Surely it is obvious to anyone that the West and Russia can work together, even if any partnership maybe uneasy and keep each other at arms length. We are going to have to do that because the real enemy out there is Islamic fundamentalism, and there is no chance of compromise there as the compatibility gap is too wide.

The strong men of the ME have been swept aside with the Arab Spring and our heavy handed involvement with the upshot that into that vacuum has come civil war, sectarianism, intolerance of other religions and minorities. The worst case being ISIS in Syria,

the stupidity from the West not to work with Putin, but somehow think we can control the fundamentalists in the ME. Common sense should tell anyone that to work with someone you have to have some level of compromise, and only Putin can offer that, not the zealots "saudi's"in the ME who smile at us and fund ISIS,

Thread review has been completed. Thread to remain closed due to bickering and otherwise border-line and in some cases racist comments. I'm not going to pick on people, but you do know who you are.