War mongering newspaper

I think a lot of people on this forum are too young to remember the cold war. If they think this is going to trigger WW3 they should be glad they weren't around in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

They'd never sleep at night :hihi:

able archer 1983 would have the bog doors going a bit

Modern warfare uses a lot of technical skills. Learning the work of a naval crewman takes training.

Suppose they conscripted some discontented youths who hadn't bothered to do their schoolwork, or bother getting a job. How long to train them to operate modern weapon systems? The war would be over before they were out of basic training!

able archer 1983 would have the bog doors going a bit

Saw a program last night about the V bombers (Vulcans Victors Valiants ?)...very interesting...

If this "news" paper told me it gets dark at night and light in the daytime I simply would not believe it.

Angel1.

I saw this article earlier Telegrapgh,and instantly thought of this thread :P

Here is the headline...

"'One step closer to war' RAF given all clear to SHOOT DOWN Russian aircrafts"

And then it goes on to say..."RAF fighter pilots have been given the all clear SHOOT DOWN Russian planes if they come under attack while carrying out missions over Iraq."

And there I was thinking if the Russians shot at our jets,it wouldn't be O.K to shoot back :hihi:.

Complete non-story,with a dramatic headline.

Edited by SqueakyPete

Modern warfare uses a lot of technical skills. Learning the work of a naval crewman takes training.

Suppose they conscripted some discontented youths who hadn't bothered to do their schoolwork, or bother getting a job. How long to train them to operate modern weapon systems? The war would be over before they were out of basic training!

Yes am sure the enemy real or imagined would be bricking it seeing all them hoodies and baggies approaching

If I remember correctly there was talk of conscription about 1974 when there looked like being a big problem with Idi Amin, obviously it never materialised.