Interested to hear from builders property developers

hi I am interested to hear from builders and developers what sort of paving they plan to install on future developments as I am interested to see what are the current trends sought by homeowners

Indian stone is popular for patios and seems to be popular with our buyers, we also use cobbles for driveways now as they give better grip and look better than blocks or imprints.

padgetts and dunhams have a good selection.

thanks for that do you work on newer properties or pre 1980 type of houses.

is it the younger generation or across all ages that like indian stone.

thanks for that do you work on newer properties or pre 1980 type of houses.

is it the younger generation or across all ages that like indian stone.

mainly pre 80,s i think all types and ages like indian stone it doesnt really date and ages/blends well with most properties and is virtually maintenance free if you use the right pointing materials such as epoxy romox instead of mortar.

mainly pre 80,s i think all types and ages like indian stone it doesnt really date and ages/blends well with most properties and is virtually maintenance free if you use the right pointing materials such as epoxy romox instead of mortar.

A question for you, if I may.

I'm about a month or so away from laying some Indian stone paving. Do you ever use any sealant on your jobs, and if so, what does it do to the slabs in terms of change in colour?

A question for you, if I may.

I'm about a month or so away from laying some Indian stone paving. Do you ever use any sealant on your jobs, and if so, what does it do to the slabs in terms of change in colour?

yes you can seal indian stone ,definitely brings out the colours,imagine the look of them when they are wet.Many contractors take their after wetting them to make the colours stand out.

There are different types of sealant

-water based not very strong because of the water content but can be applied all year round.

-Pu based which are very hardwearing, expensive but once applied any problems cant be rectified so need to apply when paving bone dry.

-Most contractors use solvent based sealers they are hardwearing but need to be resealed every few years.Why contractors use these type of sealer is because indian stone is pourous and once sealed any moisture trapped will come to the surface and give white marks.with solvent based sealers adding a coat of xylene will re emulisfy the sealant and let moisture out and the efflorescence will disappear.

Best time to seal paving is after spell of dry weather when the moisture has left the paving.Normally can be sealed upto 60 mins before precipitation forecast.

I read of a preference for paving that is water-permeable, so as to avoid surplus water simply running-off onto the road or pavement.