Did anyone go to Grimesthorpe Junior School ?

I attended from 1957-1961

Teachers I remember were:-

Mrs Carter

Miss Hanson

Mr.Charlesworth

Mr.Eccleston

Mr. Ambler

Mr.Gathercole (Headmaster)

Also Mr. Jerram was the lollipop man who helped cross Carlisle Road from/to the Police Box.

hi

i went to grimesthorpe school at them times and remember the teachers and then went on to owler lane school i lived on botham street which is no longer there i have mant happy memories

Look at page 3 of history & ex pats, Anyone from Grimesthorpe.

hi

i went to grimesthorpe school at them times and remember the teachers and then went on to owler lane school i lived on botham street which is no longer there i have mant happy memories

I went to Grimesthorpe school at the same time as you and Walt. I lived on Botham St too. What number did you live at? I lived at number nine.

hi

i lived at number 53 botham st

Grimesthorpe Junior 4a in 1960/61

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/j4a.jpg

Back row: Laurence Briggs, Michael Gomersall, Peter Stubbs, Stephen Taffinder, Frank Shaw, Keith Johnson, Philip Turner, Stephen Crowther, Stuart Burnham, Roger Fowler, Mr.Charlesworth

Second Row: Paul Slack, Mick Barrett, Linda Challinor, Heather Bailey, Pamela Needham, Susan Kay, Joan Holland, Beryl Gent, ?, Craig Barson

Third Row: Pat Hodgson, Susan Baines, Janice Butler, Mary Glaves, Sandra Dawson, Susan Allott, Susan Hinchcliffe, Margaret Dewick, Ann Cooper, Susan Boardman

Front row: Dave Rawson, Dave Kitson, Mick Rawson, John Holbrook, Stephen Claypole

Not sure who any of you are but my hubby is on the back row left hand side. Is that the teacher that gave out torpedos if you got the right answer:)

Not sure who any of you are but my hubby is on the back row left hand side. Is that the teacher that gave out torpedos if you got the right answer:)

Which one is your husband Capricorn ?

He is the one at the top back left hand side....

Robert Malton .... aka Berto

Anyway who are u plz?????

He is the one at the top back left hand side....

Robert Malton .... aka Berto

Anyway who are u plz?????

We must be talking about a different photo. I do not recall a Robert Malton.

I am referring to the picture of J4a at Grimesthorpe Juniors 1960/61

I went to Grimesthorpe Junior starting about 1963 and remember Mr. Jeremy the school crossing man. He used to stand outside the school bang adjacent to the outdoor boys toilet opposite the Grimesthorpe club, and some lads tried to pee over the wall on to his hat as I recall......bad lads!!!!

A great little school though, sports days were a hoot, traipsing all the way up Wincobank Hill with a load of hockey sticks and balls and hoops 'cos that was the nearest playing field!!

Remember the public baths in Sutherland Road we all went to with the changing stalls situated next to the pool, never a dry foot to be seen.

Jack Bowler aged 50 and a quarter.

Grimesthorpe Junior 4a in 1960/61

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/Rawson21/j4a.jpg

Back row: Laurence Briggs, Michael Gomersall, Peter Stubbs, Stephen Taffinder, Frank Shaw, Keith Johnson, Philip Turner, Stephen Crowther, Stuart Burnham, Roger Fowler, Mr.Charlesworth

Second Row: Paul Slack, Mick Barrett, Linda Challinor, Heather Bailey, Pamela Needham, Susan Kay, Joan Holland, Beryl Gent, ?, Craig Barson

Third Row: Pat Hodgson, Susan Baines, Janice Butler, Mary Glaves, Sandra Dawson, Susan Allott, Susan Hinchcliffe, Margaret Dewick, Ann Cooper, Susan Boardman

Front row: Dave Rawson, Dave Kitson, Mick Rawson, John Holbrook, Stephen Claypole

I am looking at the photo that you have posted in this earlier link!

it is the same photo that we have in our house and that my husband is on... unless my husband has got alzhemei I am sure that he would remember himself:loopy: