Talking Pictures - a film about Sheffield coming soon

Fri 23 Nov 18 15:00 Sheffield Anglers 1960s – Glimpses Charming documentary made in the 1960s following the exodus of 100s of men every Sunday from Sheffield to Lincolnshire, Kirkstead for the weekly fishing competition.

Fri 23 Nov 18 15:00 Sheffield Anglers 1960s – Glimpses Charming documentary made in the 1960s following the exodus of 100s of men every Sunday from Sheffield to Lincolnshire, Kirkstead for the weekly fishing competition.

Where is this to be shown ? In the cinema or on tv ?

It's already been on once before at least. I saw it about 3 or 4 months ago.

Fascinating glimpse of late 50's, early 60's Sheffield & it focuses around one particular family. Would be great if The Star could try & trace the family? Not sure if the mum & dad would still be around but the little lad featured would be in his mid to late 50's by now?

Great to see all the blokes on a Sunday morning, heading up to Victoria railway station to catch trains to Lincolnshire for a days fishing. Reminded me of my dad & uncles.

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

Don't worry if you miss it as they show their films over and over again, I've seen this one a couple of times. Channel 81.

You can logon to the BFI ( British Film Institute) site and search free fims. There are a number of films about Sheffield including Hook Line and Sheffield and the fascinating " New Towns for Old."

You can logon to the BFI ( British Film Institute) site and search free fims. There are a number of films about Sheffield including Hook Line and Sheffield and the fascinating " New Towns for Old."

Another good one of course is YouTube. Laze away many hours watching videos about Sheffield. There's a few good ones on Sheffield transport where people have recorded their journeys.

Particular good one is a tram ride from Millhouses Park into the city. I'll see if I can find it & post it.