Sign in to follow this  

Charity/thrift shops

Guest poppins

Where are the best charity shops in Sheffield for buying clothes ect.

There are at least 6 on Ecclesall Rd.

Broomhill has quite a few all within easy walking distance of each other. Also Chesterfield if anyone lives there. They're all over the place.

Hillsborough used to have loads of charity shops, now there's only 3, Help the Aged, Cancer research and Barnardo's, all within shouting distance of each other.

Gone are the Oxfam and Relate shops at Hillsborough Corner.

there's also Shelter, the Red Cross and Children's Society at Hillsborough.

-

Katya

Guest teebee

st. lukes hospice has charity shops in chapletown, gleadless woodseats, ecclesall road and abbeydale road, they are always worth a look..

There are a lot of charity shops throughout the city including several in the city centre. They sell everything from rocking horses to cuckoo clocks it's just a matter of being prepared to look. Often though when I go out looking for something specific not a chance can't find what I want but I usually find loads of other things. Some of the bigger shops sell furniture and some even deal with electrical goods that have been safety checked. Every now and then I take an entire day to work my way round about thirty shops that lie between Crookes and my house although it is sometimes annoying if in the first shop I find something big as then it has to be carried miles unless I run it home then chase back again.

I LOVE second hand/charity/ thrift shops

the place with most charity shops grouped together has got to be barnsley town centre.

theres at least 8 on one tiny road up from JJB sports.

also at back of open market are about 5 on the trot.

and more scattered around town centre.

sheffield- well best are at broomhill, eccleshall rd, st lukes chapeltown, hallamshire hospital. think theres a big one somewhere between walkley and crookes.

the hillsborough ones arent that good anymore.

if youre ever in rotherham town centre,well their not bad either.

isnt there also a few on london road.

There's one by somerfield in town. The ones at the bottom of the moor and by the bus gate at moorfoot there's another two round the corner.

Chesterfield is good and if you go on a thurs theres the 2nd hand market too.

Not been there for ages.