Carson Stationer Closed

Maybe bit out of way, there is Staples on Eyre St at the bottom of the Moor

It's not Staples anymore, the inside floor space has halved since Staples folded.

Carsons was "the shop" for large permi markers in the 90's.

The arts shop on campo lane used to sell the 1" wide posca torch style markers.

Pinders had a fine collection of buntlack and other art paints in lots of nice bright non car paint colours.

It's not Staples anymore, the inside floor space has halved since Staples folded.

1. Staples has not 'folded'. It still exists but, now, online only. See https://www.staples.co.uk/ Some of its low prices are market-leaders.

2. The Sheffield shop- and others- passed to Office World, a year or two ago. O.W. trades online and in shops. See https://www.staples.co.uk/

3. Office World have been dead for at least the last 10 years. They were bought by - ironically - staples.

4. It's Office Outlet the odd chain that are trading in the old staples shop. They won't last long .

5. Hilco (hmv owner) bought the 'assets' from staples and now they run the estate like a jumble sale.

6. Lazarus' post is pretty much right if you sub 'folded' with 'brix and mortar biz was flogged for a quid and a used copy of Fiesta'.

Edited by RichK
Sarcasm.

Clough Ibbotson on Campo Lane (behind Cathedral) They do all Stationery, Office Equipment, Photocopying (cheapest I know) Printing and binding service as well.

Maybe bit out of way, there is Staples on Eyre St at the bottom of the Moor

Staples is now Office Outlet, things like paper are quite expensive.

Can't believe Wikos, London road has gone, there are hundreds of students down there, where do they buy paper,etc, from?

Can't believe Wikos, London road has gone, there are hundreds of students down there, where do they buy paper,etc, from?

Online? ...

No. Staples online is now quite separate from Office Outlet shops. I did post this previously.

AND Staples offers what seems to be the lowest-priced 'basic' A4 copier paper deals, too.

Office Outlet doesn't.

I paid Carson a visit yesterday & was similarly disappointed. I had hoped it had just moved, but the Sheffield Forum folk have put me straight.

Sad news. I will miss them.

---------- Post added 22-09-2018 at 09:19 ----------

Staples has retreated online: https://www.staples.co.uk/

Did there use to be a stationers on Surrey Street?