The Sheffield Star Newspaper (paper version)

Can't beat the one years back under classified ads Musicians and Ent.

Dental assistant required.

Another made up story in "The Star" was in August....

It said Sheffield United had a great chance of promotion this season....

Unbelievable

That is cruel , so , so cruel , here I am drowning my sorrows , another year in oblivion and you come along and rub my nose in it . :(

---------- Post added 30-04-2016 at 20:56 ----------

That is cruel , so , so cruel , here I am drowning my sorrows , another year in oblivion and you come along and rub my nose in it . :(

I've read all the post's so far in this thread and I have to admit I've had a good laugh and agree with most of the comments . I read the Star Monday to Saturday and I find it informative on many local issues , a lot of the national press are infamous for their " Typo's " , the " Graudian " leading the field and the Star being a local paper will always concentrate on local events , but , like our politicians , if you want it to change let it know , give them your opinion .

Four days after the event the Star decide to make it headline news about the woman being attacked by two men on Gleadless Valley, they are certainly on the ball!

They still have not reported that the co chairman of Sheff Utd Jim Phipps has resigned

I'd rather read my news online, the star and such are...stupid to say the very least, now anyway lol.

I'd rather read my news online, the star and such are...stupid to say the very least, now anyway lol.

At least you managed enough posts on the forum to try to sell your Pokemon cards.

What size sleeping policemen are they using on the A18

From yesterdays Star:-

Firefighters from Thorne attended a crash on the A18 at 12.30am.

A car had crashed into a traffic calming measure on the road.

One of today's headlines

"Police rescue dog locked in car at Centertainment complex in Sheffield"

Not a very nice way to treat a rescue dog

Financial Times are reporting today that Johnston Press, the owner of the Sheffield Star and Yorkshire Post has received a further credit downgrading by Moody's.

Genuinely looks like the Star, and its parent company, will soon be out of business...

Surprised JP has lasted as long as it has.

Over 200 local newspapers as well.

Recently has always seemed like a 'dead man walking'

Mate of mine worked at Dinnington until recently as a self employed driver and they wanted to pay him £16 to deliver approx 250 papers direct to houses and out of that he had to run his own vehicle