The Kosovan snowplough

Big Dave has been picked for the Skybet/EFL team of the week :o

Has anyone had a bet on that ever happening ?

It's amazing. He's such an ungainly-looking lump, but quite effective lately it seems.

Hes a good player, just sometimes his gangly legs tie him in knots and his radar fails to know where the net is. but when its all working.........

Good work Atdte

and lol at that line in the snow from his celebration.

Snowplough!!! What a derogatory term!!????!!!

Oh Ye of little faith.

I've been telling ya for ages how skilful the lad is.

He's slower than a Carthorse, but he can play.

Like Mel says, when he's on song, he makes a right impact.

His attitude and demeanour make him what he is.

The other 'quality' players aren't scared to give it to Atdhe when he's marked, or in a tight spot, 'cause 8 times out of 10, he'll come out with the ball.

He's no Messi, Ronaldo or Salah, but he's far from the worst player at S6, or in Sheffield, or Britain for that matter

Nice one Atdhe!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Snowplough!!! What a derogatory term!!????!!!

It wasn't meant to be derogatory, just a semi-humorous reference to his celebration against L**ds.

Like you, I think his contribution to the club is underrated. If certain other players at the club used him as a role model as far as effort and commitment are concerned we perhaps wouldn't be in the position we are at the moment.

It wasn't meant to be derogatory, just a semi-humorous reference to his celebration against L**ds.

Like you, I think his contribution to the club is underrated. If certain other players at the club used him as a role model as far as effort and commitment are concerned we perhaps wouldn't be in the position we are at the moment.

Yeah, apologies mate, I realised my mistake 10 minutes after leaving home.

Doh!

Sorry but his goal scoring record speaks for it self , never been a Striker

But everybody needs a Big Dave.

He'll never be an Alan Shearer, Gary Lineker or a Mo Salah granted, but he does a good job when he starts and when he comes on as sub.

He's not going to take people on like George Best, but he's nutmegged opponents on many an occasion (:)).

There are certain bad situations we've been in and the ball's ended up with Nuhiu. Many times, he's got us out of it with skill, tenacity and bravery. Maybe at that particular time he was the ONLY player we have that would have got us out of the mess.

Similarly, he's been in great positions and messed it up with his (sometimes) square head, but that very same head powers away corners from the opponents.

I'm not saying the world will ever be brickin' it 'cause he's playing, but at times, in certain situations, he's almost the most effective player we've got.

His main strength, and one that the rest of the squad should take inspiration from, is his work attitude, his 'never say die' attitude and his 'the game's not over yet' attitude.

I'd be disappointed if he leaves, but on the other side of the coin, I'm sure he's not our first choice striker. (He's one hell of a defensive header of the ball when his aim doesn't really matter) and he does warrant two or three opponents 'watching him' at free kicks and corners. He definitely has a role to play, and he plays it very well.

For the record, his record for Wednesday is:-

League 163 starts, a further 74 as sub, 23 goals.

FA Cup 13 starts, a further 5 as sub, 5 goals

League Cup 11 starts, a further 7 as sub, 3 goals.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

He'll never be an Alan Shearer, Gary Lineker or a Mo Salah granted, but he does a good job when he starts and when he comes on as sub.

He's not going to take people on like George Best, but he's nutmegged opponents on many an occasion (:)).

There are certain bad situations we've been in and the ball's ended up with Nuhiu. Many times, he's got us out of it with skill, tenacity and bravery. Maybe at that particular time he was the ONLY player we have that would have got us out of the mess.

Similarly, he's been in great positions and messed it up with his (sometimes) square head, but that very same head powers away corners from the opponents.

I'm not saying the world will ever be brickin' it 'cause he's playing, but at times, in certain situations, he's almost the most effective player we've got.

His main strength, and one that the rest of the squad should take inspiration from, is his work attitude, his 'never say die' attitude and his 'the game's not over yet' attitude.

I'd be disappointed if he leaves, but on the other side of the coin, I'm sure he's not our first choice striker. (He's one hell of a defensive header of the ball when his aim doesn't really matter) and he does warrant two or three opponents 'watching him' at free kicks and corners. He definitely has a role to play, and he plays it very well.

For the record, his record for Wednesday is:-

League 163 starts, 74 as sub, 23 goals.

FA Cup 13 starts, 5 as sub, 5 goals

League Cup 11 starts, 7 as sub, 3 goals.

and he normally scores just after ive slagged him off

Can think of many players who have thought how the hell is he a pro football player but big Dave is a awkward strong player that is good to have and to bring on late or to bring a different dynamic into a game.