Which iPad do I have

Think I need a new battery for my iPad but how can I find if if mine is iPad 1 or 2 etc as don't want to order wrong battery ? Thanks

Settings > General > Model. Type model number into search engine and it should return the iPad version. Also look here.

Settings > General > Model. Type model number into search engine and it should return the iPad version. Also look here.

Thank you for that

iPad 1 is really thick. I have a 1 and a 3 (which was the first model with retina display).

Find that my iPad 1 is almost unusable now, think it's still on iOS4.3!

Where are getting battery from, are you installing yourself?

iPad 1 is really thick. I have a 1 and a 3 (which was the first model with retina display).

Find that my iPad 1 is almost unusable now, think it's still on iOS4.3!

Where are getting battery from, are you installing yourself?

Getting battery from eBay ,seller has very good feedback on batteries and yes I will fit it myself

Look in settings under general should see which model you have there.

Getting battery from eBay ,seller has very good feedback on batteries and yes I will fit it myself

Oh cool. Good luck with the repair, imagine it's quite a fiddly job, have a seen a few videos on the topic, hot air gun arroind the bezel to loosen glue, prize glass off, etc. Imagine you may need soldering iron to attach new battery.

Anyhow, good luck with it, would be interested to hear how it goes.

ye good luck,did grandsons ipad battery,had to put new digitizer on as it cracked taking it off,enen though i used a hot air gun,