Atomic clock wrong time?

this afternoon my radio controlled time signal clock reset its self by knocking the time back the time at the moment is showing 5.35 the actual time is 19.35 very strange.

Totally misleading thread title.

The atomic clock in Teddington isn’t and was never wrong. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the time determined by the atomic clock and that stated via radio waves.

this afternoon my radio controlled time signal clock reset its self by knocking the time back the time at the moment is showing 5.35 the actual time is 19.35 very strange.

Does it need a new battery? My watch shows a discrepancy between analogue and digital as the battery is on the way out.

The atomic clock in Teddington isn’t and was never wrong. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the time determined by the atomic clock and that stated via radio waves.

I'm sure that makes him feel better :rolleyes:

Does it need a new battery? My watch shows a discrepancy between analogue and digital as the battery is on the way out.

battery was changed on new years eve, this clock is always correct to the second.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 20:49 ----------

All ways thought these things were supposed get the correct time from the atomic clock if they don't where do they get the reference time from.

battery was changed on new years eve, this clock is always correct to the second.

Try an internet search including the model of clock and the problem.

Try an internet search including the model of clock and the problem.

just removed and re-fitted battery now waiting for it to re-set

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 20:49 ----------

All ways thought these things were supposed get the correct time from the atomic clock if they don't where do they get the reference time from.

I thought it was from the Anthorn Radio Station in Cumbria, it used to be the old Rugby radio station that broadcast the signal years back but I think they relocated, I could be getting muddled up.

could be the first time:rolleyes:

It could just be losing signal.

I had one in a classroom not so long ago. It spent all its time whirring and resetting as it picked up and dropped the radio signal.

I binned mine and bought a £2 one from IKEA. Worked fine:)

Try putting it somewhere with really good reception, maybe a windowsill and leave it overnight.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 21:30 ----------

could be the first time:rolleyes:

It could aso be the last time.

I don't know:cool:

Are you sure you haven't just traveled back in time?

What year do you think this is?