Relocation of stocksbridge waste water treatment works

got a letter this week work is to start mid march to move the waste water treatment plant from deepcar down to the side of the clean water treatment works at ewden this means a new sewer pipe is to be laid along manchester road and will require significant traffic management! this is in readyness for the new bridge they are going to build accross the river don and the 413 new homes they are going to build..

New bridge across the Don?

About time it's been needed for ages.

yep new bridge but its no good to you because its only going to the new housing estate so unless you live there you've no need to use it

ah right yes. the development on the old paper mill site?

Building a new estate by the side of a river......what could possibly go wrong? :suspect:

ah right yes. the development on the old paper mill site?

No, the site just outside Deepcar, that's why the sewerage site is been moved, I believe.

Angel1

the houses are being built by bloor homes on the former brickworks site at deepcar

the houses are being built by bloor homes on the former brickworks site at deepcar

I hope Mr Bloor is paying for the relocation of said water treatment plant

There's something on at the Venue, Monday I think it was til 7pm (can check when I go home), where you can find more info about this.

I just hope they fully resurface the road when finished as it's in an awful state now with some really big potholes.

once again the residents of Stockbridge will have to put up with major disruption for the benefit of a third party money maker this time bloor homes and who ever makes a killing building new houses on hollin busk.

Are there any plans for road upgrades in the area then, as a large number of new homes are being built by fox valley so quite an increase in road traffic.

The bridge at Deepcar is only one car wide IIRC.

Are there any plans for road upgrades in the area then, as a large number of new homes are being built by fox valley so quite an increase in road traffic.

The bridge at Deepcar is only one car wide IIRC.

that bridge took two way traffic until is was narrowed for some reason