Proove Pizza - Broomhil

Been here several times now - and I can honestly say it's the best pizza I've had in Sheffield, if not the U.K.

I travel a lot and have spent some time in Naples, Italy, the home of pizza. If you've ever had authentic Italian pizza, like the ones made in Naples, you'll know that the base is light and puffy, the toppings are fresh and moist, and the whole thing is absolutely delicious. If your reference point is "Pizza Express", "Pizza Hut" or "Domino's" then I'm afraid you probably won't recognise this as pizza.

It's fairly basic inside - a few tables upstairs with a view of the kitchen and wood-fired pizza oven. And a bigger space downstairs with more tables.

I think it's really good. I've only one gripe really...

Watch your bill!

I've visited about 6 times since the start of this year - and 4 times out of 6 they've overcharged me on the bill. Fortunately I've spotted it - but it's getting a bit frustrating!

Either they are employing staff who are incapable, or "gaming" a bit to make tips. Neither is good.

I hope they sort this out because it turns out delicious pizza.

Hey! If they want to charge more, put the prices up, it's worth it! But please don't keep messing up the bill and overcharging because it really does leave a bad taste in the mouth - long after the delicious pizza has been digested! :(

I think it's really good. I've only one gripe really...

Watch your bill!

I've visited about 6 times since the start of this year - and 4 times out of 6 they've overcharged me on the bill. Fortunately I've spotted it - but it's getting a bit frustrating!

Either they are employing staff who are incapable, or "gaming" a bit to make tips. Neither is good.

I hope they sort this out because it turns out delicious pizza.

:(

The overcharging thing must be a Broomhill tradition. I’ve lost count of the number of times that Thyme Cafe have done that to me.

The overcharging thing must be a Broomhill tradition. I’ve lost count of the number of times that Thyme Cafe have done that to me.

I'm a regular visitor to both Thyme and Proove, don't think I have ever been overcharged, but for sure I'll be checking in the future.

Got to agree with DT, great pizza at Proove.

Been to Proove once and can confirm the OP. Great meal but was overcharged on the bill

........there seems a number of disappointed customers on Tripadvisor but i have not yet been!

Hello

I am italian and have had an extensive experience of great, good and bad pizzas. In the UK since 1984, have had quite a few in the UK.

Before Proove, best pizza was a place in Rotherham which closed in 1996.

Proove is excellent and we go there frequently. While I have no problem with the pizzas, must warn to be careful to all sort of starters, desserts, extras etc which they try to sell, and rarely are of the quality of the pizzas themselves.

Other than that, i would not go anywherelse in Sheffield for pizza (except at a couple of friends' home, who are great bakers

MV

Hello

I am italian and have had an extensive experience of great, good and bad pizzas. In the UK since 1984, have had quite a few in the UK.

Before Proove, best pizza was a place in Rotherham which closed in 1996.

Proove is excellent and we go there frequently. While I have no problem with the pizzas, must warn to be careful to all sort of starters, desserts, extras etc which they try to sell, and rarely are of the quality of the pizzas themselves.

Other than that, i would not go anywherelse in Sheffield for pizza (except at a couple of friends' home, who are great bakers

MV

Try porter pizza on Sharrowvale. Not a restaurant (although you can eat in sat on stools) but the pizzas are really good. Better than proove I reckon.

http://www.porterpizza.co.uk/

Try porter pizza on Sharrowvale. Not a restaurant (although you can eat in sat on stools) but the pizzas are really good. Better than proove I reckon.

Yes, tried several times. Their pizza is very good, with two small criticisms:

a- Their spelling on the board has mistakes.

b- Unlike Proove, after 10 minutes the dough is not as fragrant as proove's. So, if I want to get a few and bring home, by the time thy get they are a bit too rubbery under the teeth.

But to eat on the spot, there and then, is quite good. Not as good as Proove in my opinion

PS: I have no interest whatsoever with one or the other, I am just a user

never really liked the Proove Pizza that much myself, but it was OK especially when they used to have the mobile stand at the Rising Sun in Nethergreen, and then later, before it shut down, the Bulls Head at Ranmoor

I agree, Proove is (usually) excellent, and Porter Pizza is a close second. I lived in Naples for a long time.

never really liked the Proove Pizza that much myself, but it was OK especially when they used to have the mobile stand at the Rising Sun in Nethergreen, and then later, before it shut down, the Bulls Head at Ranmoor

From March 23rd they are going to be at The Cross Scythes on Derbyshire Lane

From March 23rd they are going to be at The Cross Scythes on Derbyshire Lane

Oh dear! Does that mean they are moving from Broomhil, or just teaming up with Thornbridge?

---------- Post added 26-02-2018 at 00:14 ----------

Do they have a wood-fired pizza oven? If not, no chance. The only way pizza should be cooked is in a wood-fired pizza oven. It makes a world of difference.