Box set and binge viewing megathread.

You remember the old days when you had to be sat down ready for the programme to start? Then wait until next week to watch the next episode?

Old news.

So what box sets are getting your attention? Any old-but-gold ones or new shows you can guzzle down in one sitting?

I'm doing Lost which completely and utterly passed me by first time round. I'm rather enjoying it. I might do The Tunnel - Sabotage as that's available in one hit but it might be a bit heavy going given the subject matter.

What are you watching?

Sopranos, had it on vhs as a box set :) still a quality program.

I think we've run out of things to watch like that, if I'm honest. We've watched the Sopranos, and The Wire, and The Shield, and Eureka, and Damages and a whole load of others, but there's been nothing worth buying for ages.

I recently binged the third season of Treasure Island prequel 'Black Sails' over a couple of days. Season one was ok but two and three are so much better.

tinfoilhat, I've watched the first three episodes of The Tunnel : Sabotage and it's definitely worth it so far. Enjoying it far more than I did the first season.

---------- Post added 28-04-2016 at 22:10 ----------

I think we've run out of things to watch like that, if I'm honest. We've watched the Sopranos, and The Wire, and The Shield, and Eureka, and Damages and a whole load of others, but there's been nothing worth buying for ages.

Have you tried Justified?

I've just finished watching all the original X-Files series on Amazon Prime, all 200 odd episodes. To be honest, I'm at a bit of a loose end in the evenings now.

I've just finished watching all the original X-Files series on Amazon Prime, all 200 odd episodes. To be honest, I'm at a bit of a loose end in the evenings now.

I was chiselling away at those on spike - they're filling up my HDD big time. Still a good watch.

Oh and I did Firefly over Easter. I know it has some frankly fanatical support but it was great TV show - brought into sharp focus by finishing Killjoys on Syfy at around the same time which I thought had some interesting parallels.

---------- Post added 28-04-2016 at 22:24 ----------

I recently binged the third season of Treasure Island prequel 'Black Sails' over a couple of days. Season one was ok but two and three are so much better.

tinfoilhat, I've watched the first three episodes of The Tunnel : Sabotage and it's definitely worth it so far. Enjoying it far more than I did the first season.

---------- Post added 28-04-2016 at 22:10 ----------

Have you tried Justified?

I was quite the fan of the first series of the tunnel.

Tried justified - not bad actually, it somehow slid out the planner and never made it back in.

I've just watched to first two series of Auf Weidersehen Pet and whilst its not quite as good as you remember it its still a good series, series 1 in Germany drags a bit towards the end but it has some memorable characters.

Gonna re-watch Boys From The Blackstuff next.

walking dead

game of thrones

black sails

vikings

banshee

?

If you haven't watched it, park your brain, ignore the wobbly sets and give Buffy the Vampire Slayer a go. It's good fun.

American Horror Story is quality TV - quite box-setable too as each series is self contained.

I watched the TV remake of Scream on Netflix last week and thoroughly enjoyed all ten episodes. I did the same with Mr Robot a little while back. I'm still plugging away at catching up with Supernatural, though the latter seasons are trying my loyalty. My big guilty pleasure is Pretty Little Liars :D .

I've discovered all sorts of stuff on DVD and streaming services thanks to Amazon recommendations and such like. My shelves groan under the weight of DVD box sets, though I mostly stream these days and buy the hard copies of the stuff I really love. The X-Files on blu-ray was a fabulous Christmas present last year, though this year's effort might not make it into its empty slot in the box.

I'm giving consideration to unlocking my wallet and giving Netflix a go.

Oh, warehouse 13, certainly if you like the current series of the librarians - the episodes are nearly interchangeable ;)

I'm giving consideration to unlocking my wallet and giving Netflix a go.

Oh, warehouse 13, certainly if you like the current series of the librarians - the episodes are nearly interchangeable ;)

Warehouse 13 was another one I discovered on DVD. The first two or three seasons are great - the HG Wells arc especially, though they did give her story a rather duff conclusion. It got a bit silly towards the end, alas, with staggering amounts of glaring product placement (entire conversations about the fabulousness of the Prius, for example), and I never did finish it.