Blackpool Tower sized windfarms

I'm all for the turbines. Have completed the survey :)

These rubber-necking drivers should be taken off the road if they're that dopey. It'd be better for the environment too :)

The wildlife will recover....nature is good like that. Distract motorists? How so?

If the windfarms proove to be as ineffective as you believe them to be then they will be dismantled leaving nothing more than the concrete plinths, which will be broken up by weeds in a few years.

If the windfarms proove to be as ineffective as you believe them to be then they will be dismantled .....

...or, more likely, continue to be maintained at public expense to satisfy various political ambitions.

...or, more likely, continue to be maintained at public expense to satisfy various political ambitions.

Yet nobody has provided any statistics to prove that they are ineffective and not worth their salt.

Here's some info that supports wind farms and proves they're an effective form of sustainable technology:

http://www.withouthotair.com/

Are any currently being maintained at public expense?

Hopefully we'll have more of these in S Yorks. We live in one of the windiest areas in the country and have enough potential wind farm sits to supply a sizeable portion of off-peak demand. More please. But not in my back yard :mad:

I'm all for the windfarms. more eco-friendly and sustainable than the alternatives (not to mention far safer than nuclear)

after all, what are we gong to do when the coal and oil runs out?

Maybe those against them can put their details down on the ' I'll be sitting in the dark soon' Charter, you know, to back their opinions up.

Unless it's another case of ' not in my backyard'

Bring them on, more ideas the better, this country used to rule strong because people had great ideas and weren't afraid to stand by them.

It's easy to sit in your warm lit house now complaining, but what will you be doing to make any difference to the energy issues?

I urge those who are in support to register their support. All to frequently we register our dissatisfaction, but not our support - if the council are to make a fair decision they should be aware of how everybody feels. If the ramblers and other groups are going to be affected who are from outside the area as the OP suggests then we should make ourselves heard too.

I work in Penistone and often enjoy walking in the area, and having wind turbines in that area certainly won't stop me. Indeed it could be interesting to make them a subject of a photography meet... :)

when considering the objections to such plans, the council should set a limit on the energy consumption of those raising objection

In my book, if you're going to use electricity you can't really object to any new installation to generate the stuff!! If you've installed all the low energy lightbulbs you can, have installed a solar panel, and switch all your appliances off properly, you've half a reason to object ;)

How many people objected to the existing pylons in the area btw?