Farfield Inn, Neepsend Lane.

Old pub will be...new pub. Good luck to whoever's restoring that place

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Farfield-in-Neepsend-to-reopen-as-pub

The redevelopment of the historic boozer could trigger a spreading of the ‘Kelham Island’ developments, as it’s now commonly known, to include more of Neepsend and the buildings heading toward Hillsborough on Neepsend Lane.

Yes, this is what a few us have said. Could be good place in future.

Excellent news that it will be reopening as a pub!

It is excellent news*. I would think they'll stick some flats in though, it's way too big for just a pub - unless the buyers want to move in to a big place, who knows. We'll find out.

*though it's unlikely I'll visit

Historic England is compiling A History of England in 100 places "to encourage debate about which places best tell the country's national story" and it would seem that Farfield Inn is one of ten locations to have been shortlisted under a category entitled Loss and Destruction..

Yes, this is what a few us have said. Could be good place in future.

It is excellent news*. I would think they'll stick some flats in though, it's way too big for just a pub - unless the buyers want to move in to a big place, who knows. We'll find out.

*though it's unlikely I'll visit

I'm just hoping Carbrook Hall will get the same treatment, although it is looking increasingly unlikely :(

There’s been some great news pub wise these last couple of days;

Fairfield inn - back as a pub

Barrow boys - back as a pub

Blonk st toilets - new pub

Stokes tiles - new pub

Happy days

Just as long as they arnt turned into those vile "family Pubs " that let kids in.

Historic England is compiling A History of England in 100 places "to encourage debate about which places best tell the country's national story" and it would seem that Farfield Inn is one of ten locations to have been shortlisted under a category entitled Loss and Destruction..

In a Sheffield Flood(s) context I guess?

In a Sheffield Flood(s) context I guess?

And Hillsborough Football Ground is on that list too because of the disaster !

And Hillsborough Football Ground is on that list too because of the disaster !

Which particular season is being discussed?

Where will the clientele come from to make it viable on a cold wet midweek day. I thought it was all industrialised all around it.

Angel1.

Where will the clientele come from to make it viable on a cold wet midweek day. I thought it was all industrialised all around it.

Angel1.

It’s always a risk in this type of location! My gut feeling is telling me it will do

Well during lunch times on weekdays if they do some good Simple food plenty of customer to be had all the Factorys and offices worker nearby and if they serve Sunday lunch people will travel for

Some decent snap and beer i do! hope it does well should do I think if run properly

Edited by allwednesday

It'll hopefully fill a long dry gap between the Gardeners and the New Barrack Tavern

It’s always a risk in this type of location! My gut feeling is telling me it will do

Well during lunch times on weekdays if they do some good Simple food plenty of customer to be had all the Factorys and offices worker nearby and if they serve Sunday lunch people will travel for

Some decent snap and beer i do! hope it does well should do I think if run properly

Hmmm...I'm not sure that business model works anymore. Simple snap and beer used to be a good call but look where all the stones/tetley/wards/smiths pubs have gone. A high % of todays drinkers want a range of beers, ever changing and don't mind price points of £5 and upwards for something really special.

It's in an industrial area, not frequented much by non-workers...I'm struggling to see why I'd pass the Hillsborough Hotel to go to the Farfield unless it offered me something different.

I agree that as a pub crawl stage it would be a great addition to the Kelham/Neepsend/Hillboro route.

Not seen any activity here yet.  Wonder what's happening?